Deactivate Pokemon Cheats (FAQ??)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Halp
Deactivate Pokemon Cheats (FAQ??)

Post by Halp » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Hey everyone,
In order to get to a spot in pokemon platin, i used the go through walls cheat. After i finished and turned it off, saved the file and reloaded the emulator i still can go through walls :/ so i googled for a solution and found a few posts on this website, that refered to a FAQ, but tbh i have no clue where to search for that FAQ. Thx for every answer

dsattorney

Re: Deactivate Pokemon Cheats (FAQ??)

Post by dsattorney » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:13 pm

I'll make it easy for you. This is the part of the FAQ that is related with your problem:
Q: Why do cheats still happen after I've disabled them? Is this a bug?
A: Cheats work by modifying the game as it's running. If you a disable a cheat it'll stop being executed, but for many cheats whatever it did to modify the game will already be in effect. It's impossible for the emulator to reverse this, such a thing goes against the basics of how the cheats work (note that the cheats come from Action Replay codes, not something we invented). The best thing to do is to make a save in-game and reset with the cheats disabled, that should remove the cheat so long as it didn't affect something that's part of a save. Doing this with a savestate won't work, it has to be an in-game save.
OBJECTION!