Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 (reviving old topic)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Jay Haru
Re: Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 (reviving old topic)

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:50 am

mintwurm wrote:Are there any news ?
it would best serve your interest if you visit their irc channel i think.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:49 pm

mintwurm wrote:Are there any news ?
Not yet, sorry.

mintwurm

Post by mintwurm » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:01 am

Is there still work being done on this?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:00 pm

mintwurm wrote:Is there still work being done on this?
Yes, we're working on it currently. When we're ready we'll ask for testers.

frangarcj

Post by frangarcj » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi

It's possible to collaborate in the development in order to make a port to vita?

Also how can i reach you to make some questions regarding old gpsp dynarec?

thanks in advance

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:04 pm

frangarcj wrote:Hi

It's possible to collaborate in the development in order to make a port to vita?

Also how can i reach you to make some questions regarding old gpsp dynarec?

thanks in advance
Given how underpowered Vita is, and how much of a porting effort it would be, it's not something I'm interested in doing right now.

If you still want to ask questions about gpSP's dynarec feel free to find me on IRC. I'm Exophase on freenode.

mintwurm

Post by mintwurm » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:06 am

I think we should keep the discussion on-topic.
This is not a thread on ps vita.

That being said, are there any news regarding the pi development ?

Since you were saying you would ask for testers,
I would like to say: My initial offer still stands.
I will send you a raspberry pi for testing.
This would of course be a donation with no strings attached.
If you use it and realize that the port is too much work, that would be perfectly fine by me.
I'm grateful for the work you already put into this.

PM me with a shipping address and it will be on its way.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:09 am

I was working with Lordus, where he was doing testing on his RPi 2, but it doesn't look like he's going to be available for this (and I don't know if that'll change). So I will try doing the initial testing on a RPi 3 personally. There's no need to send me one, I was going to go to Microcenter to pick a couple up. This will be quicker and less of a hassle than sending one in the mail.

I don't really have a ton of time to work on this right now, but I'm hoping to have at least a week before the new year that I have off, and can dedicate to this. I don't think it'll be a ton of to get there: I mostly have the configurable controls done and that was most of what needed to happen. But I can't say for sure that there won't be other issues.

As soon as I do have a build that I think looks good enough for a first release I'll gather up a few testers. So you and anyone else following this thread will be the first in line, if you want.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:55 pm

RPi 3 small warning unlike the 2 if you plan on testing any overclock or even just pushing the Pi hard consider a cooling solution since it runs hot.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:25 pm

I've got an RPi 3 up and running with a 7" touch display powered from the Pi, and a USB dongle for one of those CanaKit wireless KB/mouse combos. This is all running only off of 2A USB power and I was worried that it'd be too much for it, but it seems to handle stress --cpu 4 without browning out. DraStic probably won't draw as much CPU power as that so I'm going to move forward with this for now. I'll check to see if it ends up throttling when running the emulator. I might just go ahead and order a heatsink now to be on the safe side.

My TODO list right now is to finish the input configuration, do a bit of refactoring, get a screen rotation option in, and get it out to testers. It'll still lack some features that might get in later like shaders (particularly custom ones). For those familiar with the Pandora version, it should be roughly to that feature level and with the same UI, plus configurable controls, rotation, and mouse/stick virtual stylus control. My hope is that the controls will make most games at least tolerable when used with a USB gamepad, which I intend to test for (as well as HDMI out). You might need to use a keyboard to set it up the first time, although it's pretty possible the default controller mapping will be enough to let you change the control settings to best fit your actual controller.

Unfortunately, I can't work on it much immediately because I'm really preoccupied with work, and going to be on travel (again, bluh) the next few days. But I should at the very least have the time between Christmas and New Years on leave and completely open, possibly also a few days before. I'm hoping that'll be enough to get this done, since I really want the first version out by 2017.