Can DraStic be active in sleep mode with screen off?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
tomkatt
Can DraStic be active in sleep mode with screen off?

Post by tomkatt » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Just curious. I'm playing TWEWY and mingle mode is kind of a problem. Some pins need to mingle to evolve. Last night I had my tablet running DraStic with TWEWY in mingle mode in-game, then used the "close lid" option in the menu, but the screen didn't turn off. It was on all night with the "touch screen to open DS" message on screen, and I'm concerned about the possibility of screen burn-in if it's left like that for hours on end. But I notice time doesn't seem to pass in the emulator if the tablet is closed/screen off. Is there a way for it to run as a service or something, so it's always active, even in the background?

Hopefully this is the right place for this question. Feel free to move it to "general" if it doesn't belong in Help and Compatibility.

Fefo

Re: Can DraStic be active in sleep mode with screen off?

Post by Fefo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:08 pm

I always despised mingling and cheated it without remorse (but only for 100PP :P, thank you weighted PP system) and can't see any justification to spend power and hardware on a time-waster.

But this is a pretty curious question. I read somewhere long ago that some OS logic blocked things like these from happening, sorta of a hard "deep sleep" command sent by turning the screen off. Hope that Lordus can give some input.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:22 pm

I don't know about being able to turn the screen off without pausing app execution in Android, but at least I can black the screen output when the lid is closed.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:23 am

Ummm..... TWEWY mingle function will not work with Drastic at all anyways since DraStic does not support the far more important part of that mode.... wifi.

You will need to do Fefo's mingle cheating to get mingle PP though shutdown and access both will work fine.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:33 pm

http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Aliens

It's been long since my last playthrough but I remember them occuring just fine on DraStic. However the mechanic is a huge, pointless time sink; mingling overnight would net me just 1 alien, 2 if the stars aligned. It's enough barring some cases, but it's still stupid. At least Solo Remix did it better when they fixed it.

---

A black screen would at least avoid OLED burn-in. You could be fancy and create a pulsing notification, like most clock apps.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Oh I always thought aliens were caused by the mingle mode coming into contact with various wifi access points.

Good to know.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:58 pm

TkSilver wrote:Oh I always thought aliens were caused by the mingle mode coming into contact with various wifi access points.

Good to know.
I just want to mention that I do not mean to insult you when I post this meme nor do I want to.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.