DraStic resume game glitch(?)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
WeeabooZoe
DraStic resume game glitch(?)

Post by WeeabooZoe » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:18 am

Both my husband and I have DraStic installed on our devices(most recent version from Google Play), he has a Samsung Galaxy Prime and I have a HTC Desire. We realized today that he can simply open his recent tabs and resume his game no matter what he was doing or how long he wasn't playing, but on my phone DraStic immediately has to restart when I try to do the same thing. Is this a glitch and is there a way to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance!

(If topic is incorrectly placed please notify me and I'll fix it and place it in the correct place.)
Phone model: LG Stylo3 (Built-In Stylus, Yay!)
Android Version: 7.0
DraStic Version: r2.5.1.1a(beta)
Powerlevel: Over 9000!

"No one can save the human race; yet..
We were late to see it's really not a race."
- Clean Freak(Hatsune Miku)

Kyousuke753

Re: DraStic resume game glitch(?)

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:56 am

Hi madam how are you today?

This is RAM related issue with Android when multi-tasking heavily and since your device has only 1GB RAM aka Random Access Memory it can't multi-task multiple apps at the same time resulting in force restart of the Drastic DS emulator perhaps try closing the others apps running in the background then try running Drastic.

Androids way of managing RAM is complex and if you wish to heavily multi-task a phone with 2GM RAM should be able to handle it.

1GB RAM recommended for multi-tasking which your device has but some apps really hog RAM ... best use task manager built in android or simply close other running apps in Recent List.

I've had this issue too but closing other apps then running Drastic should solve it.

That's all Have a Great Day :D.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:02 am

Please refresh the page I just updated my post thanks.

BTW I'm still looking into the game Pokemon Ranger and I'm trying to replicate the issue you reported.

WeeabooZoe

Post by WeeabooZoe » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 am

I'm fine! I just can't sleep atm! And yourself?

Thank you! Getting rid of my recent tabs did help a lot, although I probably need to experiment on it a bit more.
Probably a stupid question but is there any way to clear up my ram and keep it clear? I just deleted a gigantic application(rip miitomo) and I have about 1.36g of data free on my device storage now. Should this help?

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:09 am

Tired from work I see...ahem me too I just got home from work 2 hours ago and the 1st thing on my mind is helping people fix issues on this forum.

Storage isn't affecting what happens with the DS emulator

I've never used an HTC device before, but with the latest Android updates I think Google has removed the built in Task Manager app and the only way is to clear it by swiping left or right to get rid of apps... I don't recommend getting a Task Manager app in the Google Play Store because it actually slows down your device... because those apps force close the currently running apps to stop and later they'll just start back up again... that's how Google programmed it to work.

For now you'll have to stick with clearing apps through Recent Lists madam.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:26 am

As far as storage goes there is a nice program called DiskUsage by Ivan Volosyuk and it will give you a visual representation of your internal and external storage. It is very helpful in seeing wht is taking up the most space on your device and deciding if it is worth it to keep it.

As far as task managers and ram managers.... the way android works those are counter productive and just fully closing (removing from recents list) apps is generally yhe best thing to do. Though rooted devices can do other tricks stock devices will only hurt performance with all the snake oil that is in the play store.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:41 am

Don't root your device it's risky to brick and ruin your phone costing you money and time.

WeeabooZoe

Post by WeeabooZoe » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 am

Lol you don't have to worry about me trying to root my device, I don't intended to do that anytime soon or ever.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:19 am

Had this problem too, dunno if it's because how emulators work or something with DraStic. Multitasking triggering reloads (lots of RAM free), inconsistencies when resuming from the app drawer or notification shade, etc..

Strangest one was when I "multitasked" from a game and tried to return through the app drawer, which led me to the emu's start screen. I left the app and tried to open it from the recents tab and voilá, game's still there. Different activities maybe?
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:39 am

Well since the general public can access the developer options found in the devices setting

Settings>About Phone>Tap Build number 7 times>Then once message pops up that you're a dev>Go back and you should see Developer options>Turn off animations for that extra bit of RAM.

This turns off animations to speed up the phone.

Don't fiddle around with the other settings because it'll result in damaging your phone/tablet only do the mentioned above only.

@Fefo maybe you only multi-task between the Drastic app and some other app because 1GB RAM devices can handle it at an optimum level.

Though rooting your device just to over-clock it can achieve it maximum performance and remove bloatware like I did with my Huawei Ascend Y635 over clocked to 1.2GHz CPU and it has 1GB RAM but most of it is taken up by the phones operating system.