Drastic not using Fullscreen in Android 4.2.2

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
talos91
Drastic not using Fullscreen in Android 4.2.2

Post by talos91 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:08 pm

I am running Drastic on android jellybean but drastic does not hide the bottom system bar so I use the app full!screen to hide the bar on my rooted device but drastic doesn't use the fullscreen, the 2 ds screens do not take the fullscreen, drastic still acts as if the system bar was still there, in the resize screen options the same happens. Devs could you add the option to drastic to hide the bottom system bar in jellybean like in other emus like in MAME4droid?

Kyousuke753

Re: Drastic not using Fullscreen in Android 4.2.2

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:35 pm

You can't simply hide the navigation bar at the bottom, even if you try to hide it with the app Full screen, the moment you touch the screen it reveals the navigation bar again. And I'm assuming you're using a tablet with Android 4.2.2 you might want to update your tablet to the latest version.

My phone used to type this post has latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat and I can play games in full screen in Drastic. I was also the one to show you how to add custom borders to Drastic.

I have proof/evidence to back this up in this thread http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3278 I was the one that posted that screenshot.

The fault is Google's, so there is little to no point asking the devs to make Drastic full screen when it's your Android version which is at fault.

In 4.4 KitKat, a new API was introduced, the immersive mode, with that you can hide the navigation bar and still make the user to be able to interact with your app, without the navigation bar revealing itself.

You can ask anyone else they will say the same thing to you too.

What you're after is immersive mode. Have a Good Day :D

talos91

Post by talos91 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:03 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:You can't simply hide the navigation bar at the bottom, even if you try to hide it with the app Full screen, the moment you touch the screen it reveals the navigation bar again. And I'm assuming you're using a tablet with Android 4.2.2 you might want to update your tablet to the latest version.
You are wrong, If you are root the app full!screen hides the bottom bar all the time even if you touch the screen, and other apps and emulators hide the bottom bar with just SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION on jellybean, which would not be hard to add to drastic, touching the screen would not be a problem for me because I use a tablet with builtin controllers, btw no update is available for my tablet.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:51 am

Okay maybe I was wrong about the app, I tried it on my phone which has rooted privileges, latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat and it was redundant because Android 4.4 KitKat already has Immersive mode...but it's still useful for your tablet obviously.

I apologize I assumed your tablet could still be updated...but then you clarified it so it makes sense now. It's one of those tablets which no longer gets OTA updates...just like Eric's phone...and mine as well...a pain isn't it.

If only you could get your hands on that 4.4 KitKat update...Look I've never flashed a custom ROM before because it's risky and my attempts in the past resulted in 4 bricked phones...unless you're a tech expert and know how to do it yourself. (YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT IF YOU FEEL IT'S RISKY)

Guess you have a point there...It'll have to be in the next update or unless Lordus makes a Lua script for fullscreen...I suppose.

talos91

Post by talos91 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:15 pm

talos91 wrote:
Kyousuke753 wrote:You can't simply hide the navigation bar at the bottom, even if you try to hide it with the app Full screen, the moment you touch the screen it reveals the navigation bar again. And I'm assuming you're using a tablet with Android 4.2.2 you might want to update your tablet to the latest version.
You are wrong, If you are root the app full!screen hides the bottom bar all the time even if you touch the screen, and other apps and emulators hide the bottom bar with just SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION on jellybean, which would not be hard to add to drastic, touching the screen would not be a problem for me because I use a tablet with builtin controllers, btw no update is available for my tablet.
Exo do you think you could add hiding bottom bar to drastic for android 4.2.2? JB users like me would really appreciate it.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:03 am

talos91 wrote:Exo do you think you could add hiding bottom bar to drastic for android 4.2.2? JB users like me would really appreciate it.
Passing along to Lordus.

talos91

Post by talos91 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Exophase wrote:
talos91 wrote:Exo do you think you could add hiding bottom bar to drastic for android 4.2.2? JB users like me would really appreciate it.
Passing along to Lordus.
Thanks a bunch man you are awesome.

talos91

Post by talos91 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Greetings guys, any news on this? Is it doable?

talos91

Post by talos91 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:51 pm

Exophase wrote:
Passing along to Lordus.
Any news on this from Lordus? Most android devices still use jb and other emulators like mame4droid hide the bottom bar on jb, perfect if you have an attachable controller like me and you do not have to touch the screen. Also there are apps for root jb to get fullscreen too.
Best regards.

talos91

Post by talos91 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Found a solution using a xposed module, if you are in 4.2.2 and root use the ultimate navigation bar or the xposed edge modules to get fullscreen. Xposed edge has immersive mode for 4.2.2 and can hide both bars or just one, just make sure you use it via a gesture or shorcut.