HM Sunshine Islands Savestate Problem [SOLVED]

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
khrdecimo27
HM Sunshine Islands Savestate Problem [SOLVED]

Post by khrdecimo27 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:09 am

I've been playing Sunshine Islands a lot recently and I've been using the savestate feature in the app to get the most out of the game. But when I saved while exiting a building in the game (I think it was Lanna's house?) right at that moment where the screen goes black, it just stayed black. The music was still playing in the background, but nothing was showing on the screen. I tried loading the savestate but nothing happened.

As I said, I've been using the savestate feature so much that I don't usually do in-game saves. My last in-game save was at least 10 in-game days away from when the black screen problem happened. During those 10 in-game days I've done so much progress that it would just hurt if I can't recover my savestate.

I was hoping to know if there is still a workaround to this. Thank you so much in advance.

DraStic ver. 2.4.0.2a
Last edited by khrdecimo27 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyousuke753

Re: HM Sunshine Islands Savestate Problem

Post by Kyousuke753 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:59 am

The savestate is corrupt...did you try to load an in-game save before the corruption happened? Harvest Moon aye? I used to play that on VBA and it's one of my favs. either you delete that corrupt savestate or post it in the Drastic Glitch Repository http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?t=461.

no one said you have to rely on Drastic savestates...or let me ask this did you upload the savestates to google drive it will help you. :)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:22 am

Did you have any cheats enabled?

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:40 am

Wait exophase is right, using multiple cheats can break your game...But I'm pretty sure the cheats come with descriptions some with warnings before saving...so haha you broke your own save bro LOLS it's now beyond repairs. How do I know? try Pokemon white 2 with multiple cheats cause I skipped so much of the main story the game froze when I went out of bounds with the walkthrough walls cheat...reloading the save it shows frozen screen...RIP

khrdecimo27

Post by khrdecimo27 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:07 am

Exophase wrote:Did you have any cheats enabled?
No, I don't like using cheats. But I did try to select a cheat on the cheat database after the black screen showed up to maybe solve the problem. Although I have the "Enable Cheats" option turned off.

khrdecimo27

Post by khrdecimo27 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:13 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:The savestate is corrupt...did you try to load an in-game save before the corruption happened? Harvest Moon aye? I used to play that on VBA and it's one of my favs. either you delete that corrupt savestate or post it in the Drastic Glitch Repository http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?t=461

no one said you have to rely on Drastic savestates...or let me ask this did you upload the savestates to google drive it will help you. :)
I did and works just fine, but the in-game save was so long ago that I've made too much progress already. I still haven't deleted the savestate since it doesn't really affect the game and that I'm still hoping for a workaround. I guess it is mostly my fault for relying on savestates too much.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:14 am

khrdecimo27 wrote:
No, I don't like using cheats. But I did try to select a cheat on the cheat database after the black screen showed up to maybe solve the problem. Although I have the "Enable Cheats" option turned off.
Cheats stay there even if you turn them off. It's the effects of the cheats which you applied. You don't like cheats but you still applied it anyway.

khrdecimo27

Post by khrdecimo27 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:55 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:
khrdecimo27 wrote:
Cheats stay there even if you turn them off. It's the effects of the cheats which you applied. You don't like cheats but you still applied it anyway.
I have cheats disabled from the very beginning. And I only tried to select a cheat after the problem occurred. I also don't think it was applied since when I loaded my in-game save, it was perfectly fine and had no presence of a cheat.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:56 am

Once you apply a permanent cheat to in-game saves on Drastic it can't be reversed. Once your savestate is corrupt it's dead.
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:02 am

Maybe a badly patched ROM you can't do much at this point now it's not like frames where you can go back to any point you want and resume there. Could be other things like you have apps installed that autokills background apps so when the screen turns off Drastic was forced to close and the result was a corrupt save my Pokemon save was corrupted this morning and I just started over no cheats...up to tutorial where you go up the steps to talk to bianca to choose starter Pokemon...left it for my screen timeout to turn off screen then tried to reopen Drastic and click continue last save it just freezes with music still playing...so third party apps might be the culprit. Or maybe the fault lies in Drastic itself with improper settings configuration.