Compatability

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Compatability

Post by Exophase » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Place any comments about games that work or don't work here! We will use this as tips to update the master compatibility list. Please provide the following information:

Device name:
SoC:
Android rom/version:
DraStic version:
Game name:
Compatibility:
Indicate if that game is fine, has minor bugs, or is completely unplayable, and describe why. Also, you can put here if the game doesn't run fast for you.

fzero

Re: Compatability

Post by fzero » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:10 am

Game Title: Mario Kart DS
Device: HTC One / JXD S7300 / Sony Xperia Play / Nexus 7
Report: Plays excellent, have experienced no problems on any these devices with this game. Have played through a number of circuits and just perfect. Great to play.
Not encountered any issues even when lots of action on screen and shells zooming around everywhere. Sound is also fine throughout.

Game Title: New Super Mario Bros DS
Report: Plays excellent too, no problems on these devices. Have played through a couple of Worlds.

Game Title: Professor Leyton and the Curious Village
Report: Very playable, runs smooth throughout and not noticed any issues, all sound, cut scenes and gameplay perfect.

Game Title: Mega Man ZX Advent
Report: Runs perfectly, smooth throughout and not noticed any issues on the first level which I've played through, all sound, cut scenes and gameplay perfect.

Game Title: Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity
Device: HTC One
Report: Have only tested this on the HTC One at moment, will test on other devices soon. Frame speeds seem fine, though I do experience 'thin green horizontal lines' about a couple pixels width each on the main [upper] screen during play. Have tried adjusting settings but cannot get rid of these lines. They are somewhat obstructive to the gameplay, though can still see through/between them enough to play the levels.

ChronoReverse

Post by ChronoReverse » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Settings:
Frameskip [Auto:4]
Filter [None]
Multi-threaded 3D rendering [OFF]
Sound Latency [Medium]

Game Title: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Snapdragon)
Report: Runs perfect in speed and function.

Game Title: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Report: Runs perfect in speed. Graphical glitch on the bottom screen in the Campaign map select icons.

dahman

Post by dahman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Game Title: Black // Black2 //
Report: Runs fkn awesome in speed. Even with no frameskip, multi3d rendering on, every option set- its smoth going!! (Even sound) (even with DOUBLE emulation Speed)
Gameplay works fine, no problems yet!!

1st problem appeared:
seems like if i "stress" my device, (for example Music in background) AND DraStic open with DoubleEmulation speed -> it seems that there come alot of "forceClose" of the emulated game
its just closing the game then suddenly (mostly if im going through doors so the map needs to load new)
and brings you back to the "Menü" homescreen where u can continue or load a rom.

this problem didnt appeared YET while i was at normal emulation speed.

2nd problem
Game Title: Pokemon SoulSilver / HeartGold
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17#p60

1 fatal error: Pixel error accurs instantly when going into a dungeon/tunnel - and if a wild pokemon appears while this pixel error is active- the game crashes instantly.
so its not possible to play this game (u need to go through serval dungeons/tunnels xD)

Game Title: Ragnarok DS
Report: Runs fkn awesome in speed. Even with no frameskip, multi3d rendering on, every option set- its smoth going!! (Even sound) (even with DOUBLE emulation Speed)
Gameplay works fine, no problems yet!!
Last edited by dahman on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:50 pm

Device: Droid Razr HD
Game: Pokemon Heart Gold
Status: Minor minor errors. Runs just fine, with little black dots or the ground every once and a while.

Device: Droid Razr HD
Game: Dragon Quest IV
Status: Minor and annoying bugs. The screens uhm, are flipped? You could easily fix this by allowing the portrait display to be flipped or possibly look into whats causing the screens to flip in the first place. Normal games this would be fine, but the two screens are used in tandem to make a large screen, making portrait view the best to play a game like this in.
EDIT: fixed it by enabling the multicore thread 3D thingy.
Last edited by BortzANATOR on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

gagmangalover55

Post by gagmangalover55 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:25 am

device : xperia Z

game: super robot taisen og saga: endless frontier
Edit: After more testing works good. Havent tested everything yet.

game: Super robot taisen og saga: endless frontier (2) exceed
Status: Not working. Loads first time but after pressing new game black screen. after reloading white screen at startup.
Edit: working but crashes after first few second in the intro movie. Can be played if skipping movie. Some visual graphics are missing like the kicks and fist from Aledy(main character) also when some people go in overdrive game crashes. Also with the eng patch doesn't get past the the fan made startup screen.

Game: Golden sun Dark Dawn
edit: Starts up, laggs a lot. graphics mest up and buzzy sound. Same problems desmume had and the sound problem still exist in desmume and only goes away after special sound settings.

Game: Dragonball Z: attack of the saiyans.

Game: Pokemon White 2
Status: Working but without ap fix game freezes in battle or events, otherwise with ap fix evrything works.

I do not know wy most games didn't even load in the first place but some are now more playable.

Scorchgid

Post by Scorchgid » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:54 am

Could someone try out Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. I use the first chapter video and court chapter as a benchmark.
Would like to get some comparisons just before I test it out on my phone during the trial period.

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:30 am

Working flawlessly:
Mario & Luigi Partners in time
Mario kart
Mario party
New Super mario bros
Super Mario 64 ds
Super scribblenauts
The Simpsons game
Yoshi's island

Not flawless but perfectly playable:
Pokemon diamond(Black lines in overworld, poke ball thrown in battle is black)
Pokemon Black(Transitions into battles and buildings usually have glitched textures)

Somewhat Playable:
Mario & Luigi Bowser's inside story(2 parts so far where game freezes, bypass using DeSmuME; also damage counters don't show numbers)

Not Playable:
Pokemon Black 2(loads up until menu; game load crashes, starting a new game after name,etc crashes)

This is what I have tested so far. They all either run full speed without frameskip or fullspeed with a bit of frameskip.
My device: Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (overclocked to 1.228GHz)
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ ... m-5340.php

Taloan

Post by Taloan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:53 am

Scorchgid wrote:Could someone try out Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. I use the first chapter video and court chapter as a benchmark.
Would like to get some comparisons just before I test it out on my phone during the trial period.
Game Title: Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
Device: Xperia Z/ Samsung Galaxy S2
Report: Runs perfectly on my Smartphones! =)

Great work btw =) Almost every game i tried worked =)
Though, il wont mention games which are already listed here now, since pokemon and some others are already confirmed working fine ;)

But il can confirm @gagmangalover55 post, belonging to golden sun:

Game Title: Golden sun Dark Dawn (US Version)
Report: Starts, but heavy graphic&sound glitches in the begginig till the "choose your name" screen comes up. (Which displays pefect) but after you choosed your name, theres heavy graphic&sound glitch, unplayable for now.

Game Title: Golden sun Dark Dawn EU
Report: Doesnt start

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:04 am

This section is going to get cluttered very fast, and this thread is going to be a pain for anyone to navigate to try to find if a ROM works on their phone.

I suggest we put together or open a wiki like this:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Game_C ... lity_Table

so members can log in and adjust entries. It could be as simple as 3 columns: Game/Device/notes. The device column could have 3 options of colors to depict if the game works, playable with bugs, unplayable. or something. Just a suggestion.