Troubleshooting crashes/sudden closes and other problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Troubleshooting crashes/sudden closes and other problems

Post by Exophase » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:30 pm

For any kind of problem please first make sure that you're running the latest version of DraStic from Google Play. Then try to re-install the app and reboot your device. If you're using a version that was not purchased on Google Play the app may be failing by design: we can't help you with this. Otherwise, check for specific issues below.

In all cases, if the app suddenly closes and you receive a pop-up dialog with a 'Report' button, please press it and report the issue. Then e-mail us at drastic.ds@gmail.com with a description of the problem, your device model, and the time/date of your report.

Problem: The app closes on launch
- Make sure that a Google account is present on the device and that you're logged into Google Play.
- Update Google Play if possible.
- Disable notifications for the app in Settings > Apps > DraStic. This is known to cause issues with the emulator.

Problem: The app closes after pressing any button in the main menu
- Disable notifications for the app in Settings > Apps > DraStic. This is known to cause issues with the emulator.

Problem: The app goes back to the main menu after selecting any game, without showing any error message
- Check if 'Do not keep activities' is enabled in Settings > Developer options. This option might not be available on your device, but if it is enabled, please disable it.

Problem: The app crashes back to the main menu or the desktop after loading any game
- If you're continuing a savestate (either by pressing 'Continue' in the main menu, or by loading one after selecting the game), try loading the game without the savestate, by selecting it, then pressing 'Start Game'.
- Try loading a game from the internal memory and external SD-card to see if it only happens with one of them.
- If you're loading a compressed game (.zip, .rar, or .7z), try manually extracting the raw .nds file with an app like ZArchiver or AndroZip.
- If the compressed file was somehow corrupted, you will probably get an error while trying to uncompress it, which would explain why DraStic can't load the file either.
- If the extraction succeeds, load the .nds file directly in DraStic.
- If none of the above helps select the game then press 'Create Shortcut' instead of loading the game.
- Close the app, and start the game via the shortcut on your desktop.

Problem: The app crashes while playing a game
- Disable 'Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering' in DraStic's video options.
- If you have cheats enabled, disable all of them, then make an in-game save. Go to the game menu and press 'Reset Game', then load the in-game save you just made.
- If that doesn't help, and you can reliably reproduce the issue, please send us the in-game save (it's stored in /sdcard/DraStic/backup on your device) with instructions how to exactly reproduce the crash.

Problem: Savestates can't be uploaded to Google Drive
Check that there is a folder named 'DraStic' on your Google Drive account. Sometimes the folder can't be created automatically and uploads will fail. If the folder isn't there, create it manually and try to upload a savestate again.

Problem: DraStic can't be re-installed without paying, even if it was already purchased
As long as you're using the Google account that you purchased the app with you should be able to install DraStic on any devices without another purchase. So first and foremost, make sure you're using the same account. If you want to migrate to a new account e-mail us at drastic.ds@gmail.com; we may be able to refund the original account's purchase.

If you are using the same account and Google Play says you need to purchase the app, try doing the following:
- Log into wallet.google.com with the account and check that a successful purchase of DraStic is listed in the transaction history.
- If the purchase is there, try updating Google Play if possible, clear Google Play's cache/data, and restart your device.
- If that still doesn't do it, remove your Google account completely from the device, then add it again when logging into Google Play.

Spoonthatissmol

Re: Troubleshooting crashes/sudden closes and other problems

Post by Spoonthatissmol » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:50 pm

My game keeps freezing on the same part over and over again. I just installed to app again as well. I'm playing pokemon platinum and I'm trying to raise my pokemon's happiness by entering contests in hearthorm city (sorry about spelling) as soon as it tells you how much attention your pokemon attracted the game will freeze and I saved right before but not I'm stuck in a loop of loading and freezing. Can I please have help? I'm sorry if this isn't the right topic but I was more sure about this one than the other ones.

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 am

I'm running the current version, I've reinstalled, rebooted, cleared caches, and anything else I can think of.
I am on a Samsung Galaxy 7 edge. I downloaded a rom and though the folder shows for the rom, when I click it the folder opens instead of running. I have another emulator that runs it fine, but Drastic won't. Any advice? I'm available to provide any information needed.

Turns out it is all Pokemon games currently. Any fixes available?

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 am

roscoe wrote:I'm running the current version, I've reinstalled, rebooted, cleared caches, and anything else I can think of.
I am on a Samsung Galaxy 7 edge. I downloaded a rom and though the folder shows for the rom, when I click it the folder opens instead of running. I have another emulator that runs it fine, but Drastic won't. Any advice? I'm available to provide any information needed.

I don't understand. Can you please explain better?
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:32 am

roscoe wrote:I'm running the current version, I've reinstalled, rebooted, cleared caches, and anything else I can think of.

I think I have the solution for your problem. If you have the Roms in folders, simply open the folder for the game and then run it by simply touching on it and selecting "Start game"
OBJECTION!

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:21 am

The zipped rom folder for Pokemon games will not show in the emulator's file lookup. I then tried unzipping the folder which caused it to show up, but can't run it that way.

It acts like they are hidden, as if the file type isn't correct, or that it doesn't recognize it as a rom.

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:26 am

dsattorney wrote:

I think I have the solution for your problem. If you have the Roms in folders, simply open the folder for the game and then run it by simply touching on it and selecting "Start game"
Not sure if you are being sarcastic. Pokemon Roms don't show up regardless of where they are.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:11 pm

roscoe wrote:The zipped rom folder for Pokemon games will not show in the emulator's file lookup. I then tried unzipping the folder which caused it to show up, but can't run it that way.

It acts like they are hidden, as if the file type isn't correct, or that it doesn't recognize it as a rom.
Are you sure that you downloaded Pokemon games for Nintendo DS? (.nds format)
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:32 pm

roscoe wrote:
dsattorney wrote:

Not sure if you are being sarcastic. Pokemon Roms don't show up regardless of where they are.
Everyone, have this in mind: I will never try to be sarcastic in any situation that I try to help in.
OBJECTION!

DarkRay

Post by DarkRay » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:29 am

Hello. I walked trough route 15 and walked into a science building of sort, and Proffesor Andrew Park wanted me to try something that is called Pokemon Transfer. I selected yes as my answer, and got some kind of menu. When i wsnted to quitt i pressed B to exit, but instead my screen froze nad it won't go back as it used to. I even tried restarting the app, but it is still the same can someone help me? Thanks upfront.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180728-142817.jpg
game in question is Pokemon Black 2
Screenshot_20180728-142817.jpg (961.7KiB)Viewed 1189836 times