Microphone on Shield Tablet

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
AMANDANA
Microphone on Shield Tablet

Post by AMANDANA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Hello.

First of all I would like to congratulate those responsible of this emulator, it's very good. Well, I have an NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET and a small problem with certain games. The NDS game Last Window asks me to use the microphone for a situation. As you know my device lacks micro, so I do not know what I can do to address this issue.

Thanks in advance.

ericbazinga

Re: Microphone on Shield Tablet

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:52 pm

AMANDANA wrote:Hello.

First of all I would like to congratulate those responsible of this emulator, it's very good. Well, I have an NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET and a small problem with certain games. The NDS game Last Window asks me to use the microphone for a situation. As you know my device lacks micro, so I do not know what I can do to address this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Wow i'm surprised that the Shield Tablet doesn't have a microphone. You'd think the inclusion of one would be a given, but apparently not...
Anyway, in the 'Change Options' menu, tap on 'Virtual Gamepad', then tap on one of the 'Special Button' options and choose 'Simulate Microphone Noise'. Then when you're playing the game, you can press that Special Button whenever you need the microphone.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:27 pm

The simulated noise option is one way that may work depending on what the DS game is looking for.

Other options also include using a bluetooth headset with microphone (though you will probably have to bump up the audio latency) or use a wired 3.5mm headset with microphone. Both of these options will work as well as a built in microphone does and work on the few games that the simulated noise does nothing.

AMANDANA

Post by AMANDANA » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:35 am

Thank you both. One thing, I hear a little sound in certain games sometimes, is normal?

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 pm

The Shield Tablet does have a microphone. I just tested it on mine. I'm not sure where it is physically located, but I think it might be near the speakers on the side of the tablet with the camera. Unless of course yours is broken, in which case then yeah, use the simulated microphone option.