automatic crash when loading games

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
DistroyerOfWorlds
automatic crash when loading games

Post by DistroyerOfWorlds » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:38 pm

just yesterday my Pokemon white game was working but then i try to load the game anew and it wont let me, i have tried to reinstall drastic but the crash keeps happening. it keeps crashing to the drastic main menu, whenever i try to start any game, whether it be Pokemon or new super Mario brothers, drastic refuses to load the ROM. i am currently running on r2.4.0.1a and i have a moto g 2013. i do not know if this is happening to anyone else but its very annoying. i assumed it to be a broken savestate, but i have tried to download new games and it wont run them.
Gotta go super sonic style!!!!

ericbazinga

Re: automatic crash when loading games

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:50 pm

DistroyerOfWorlds wrote:just yesterday my Pokemon white game was working but then i try to load the game anew and it wont let me, i have tried to reinstall drastic but the crash keeps happening. it keeps crashing to the drastic main menu, whenever i try to start any game, whether it be Pokemon or new super Mario brothers, drastic refuses to load the ROM. i am currently running on r2.4.0.1a and i have a moto g 2013. i do not know if this is happening to anyone else but its very annoying. i assumed it to be a broken savestate, but i have tried to download new games and it wont run them.
What file type are the ROMs? (e.g. .nds, .zip, .rar)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Do you get any error message when it crashes? If so, does it let you report the crash?
Did you install or update anything on your device?
Can you try to just reboot it?

DistroyerOfWorlds

Post by DistroyerOfWorlds » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Lordus wrote:Do you get any error message when it crashes? If so, does it let you report the crash?
ericbazinga wrote:
DistroyerOfWorlds wrote:just yesterday my Pokemon white game was working but then i try to load the game anew and it wont let me, i have tried to reinstall drastic but the crash keeps happening. it keeps crashing to the drastic main menu, whenever i try to start any game, whether it be Pokemon or new super Mario brothers, drastic refuses to load the ROM. i am currently running on r2.4.0.1a and i have a moto g 2013. i do not know if this is happening to anyone else but its very annoying. i assumed it to be a broken savestate, but i have tried to download new games and it wont run them.
What file type are the ROMs? (e.g. .nds, .zip, .rar)
The files I use were .7z which worked and .zip which also worked
Lordus wrote:Do you get any error message when it crashes? If so, does it let you report the crash?
There is no crash report in the drastic files nor will it let me report them, I have clean master on my phone though if that helps which constantly updates

DistroyerOfWorlds

Post by DistroyerOfWorlds » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:04 am

Just an update I have tried to find out why it has been like this, I tried to delete some apps and that hasn't worked

I do remember something that clean master had deleted something from the drastic folder ( I think it was the unzip cache) and since then it has not worked, I have tried to restore it and it still won't work,

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:24 pm

You can try to delete everything from the 'DraStic' folder except the 'savestates' and 'backup' folders, then restart the app.

kid

Post by kid » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:34 pm

The same thing happened to me as well except i lost my save states, does anyone know what to do?