Did someone ever tried DraStic on an Acer Iconia B1-730?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Lunos
Did someone ever tried DraStic on an Acer Iconia B1-730?

Post by Lunos » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Hi.
I'm Lunos, Uruguayan, 19 years old and a new user :)
Most likely relatively soon, i'll get a Tablet (A cheap one, unfortunately Tablets aren't that cheap in Uruguay) and with my father (we both will use it) we decided the Acer Iconia B1-730, which specs are:

CPU: Intel Atom Z2560 (Dual Core at 1.6GHz)
RAM: 1GB DDR3
Res: 1280x800
OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) (My first Android device, WooHoo! <3)

And i wanted to know if it could run without big problems this emulator :)
You know.. maybe someone bought it or tried DraStic on it and knows about of his performance on the device, for example xD

My "objectives" are:
Mario Games, The Legend of Zelda Games, Pokémon Games (This are a MUST <3), Dragon Ball Games and Final Fantasy Games.

Thank you so much in advance n_n

TkSilver

Re: Did someone ever tried DraStic on an Acer Iconia B1-730?

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:14 pm

The biggest ting going against you is that drastic is not optimized for atom (x86) processors, in fact very few android programs are. You will have to have a microsd card since the internal storage is only 8GB.

As long as you are willing to deal with some level of frameskip, avoid NDS games that require precise timing (pokemon games do not at all), and don't try to run some of the more intensive options like increasing the internal resolution to hi rez, you should be able to play some games fine.

Pokemon and Final Fantasy should work out with possible need for high frame skip, but since nothing is really timing depndent it should be fine.

2d games like professor layton or Phoenix Wright should work the best for this kind of hardware.

Other games may be hit or miss.

Lunos

Post by Lunos » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:29 am

TkSilver wrote:The biggest ting going against you is that drastic is not optimized for atom (x86) processors, in fact very few android programs are. You will have to have a microsd card since the internal storage is only 8GB.

As long as you are willing to deal with some level of frameskip, avoid NDS games that require precise timing (pokemon games do not at all), and don't try to run some of the more intensive options like increasing the internal resolution to hi rez, you should be able to play some games fine.

Pokemon and Final Fantasy should work out with possible need for high frame skip, but since nothing is really timing depndent it should be fine.

2d games like professor layton or Phoenix Wright should work the best for this kind of hardware.

Other games may be hit or miss.
Hm.. that doesn't sound too worth..
How does this another one sounds?
(It's not too much more expensive, still on the availability-range, but yeah.. every dollar counts, so better for it to be worth xD)

CPU: Cortex A9 (Dual Core, 1.6 GHz)
RAM: 1GB DDR3
Res: 1024x768

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:56 am

That should be better.

Lunos

Post by Lunos » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Exophase wrote:That should be better.
Nice, thank you so much :D

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:44 am

i have a tablet with the same a9 processor and 1 g ram and aside from the summons and 1 location in golden sun, it holds fine on any game i threw at it so i think its good
Behold my mighty