Load games from SD-card

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Phlux
Load games from SD-card

Post by Phlux » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to load ROMS from an external SD-card? Drastic doesnt seem to be able to find the games on my device when they are put on my external SD-card. I've tried adding them as zip, nds and 7z files and none of them work. When put that way on my internal storage they appear in drastic and I'm able to load them from there.

Thanks in advance!

baqqins

Re: Load games from SD-card

Post by baqqins » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:32 am

Hello! I am playing with my games in the SD card. When I open DraStic, I click on "load new game" and there appears a list of carpets. I choose "storage" and then "extSdCard" and there I find either the nds file or a carpet with the nds file in it! I believe you can just make a quick save and then the "continue" button above the "load new game" will be enabled and you won't do the search every time!
Hope it helped! If it wasn't your problem, then sorry :(

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:23 am

Phlux wrote:Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to load ROMS from an external SD-card? Drastic doesnt seem to be able to find the games on my device when they are put on my external SD-card. I've tried adding them as zip, nds and 7z files and none of them work. When put that way on my internal storage they appear in drastic and I'm able to load them from there.

Thanks in advance!
First, loading games from an SD card IS possible, because I do that.
You want to put your ROMs in a separate folder on the SD card (.nds files are best). When you open DraStic and hit 'Choose New Game', DraStic should auto-search for ROMs, provided this is the first time you opened the app. If not, you'll have to locate the folder manually. Once you find your games, open one. Then, anytime you choose a game from then on, the app will automatically go to that folder.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:44 am

For people who dont know how to navigate to /storage/extsdcard You could add a shortcut Tab for Internal Storage and External SD. Some apps areadly have this, its novice-friendly.