Pokémon white minor problem

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
laserkid96
Pokémon white minor problem

Post by laserkid96 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi. I'm having a tiny problem during my playthrough of Pokémon white version. Sometimes the game closed automatically and brings me back to the drastic menu screen. The game is playable though this problem happens unexpectedly. I'm not sure whether I accidentally pressed something (you know,touchscreen) or it's a glitch. I strongly think that it's the latter..is there any solution for this?please help me. I know it's a small problem but hey I paid for this app :l

Phone model : Samsung Galaxy note 2
Processor :Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9
Drastic version : r2.3.0.2a

ericbazinga

Re: Pokémon white minor problem

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 17, 2015 10:38 pm

laserkid96 wrote:Hi. I'm having a tiny problem during my playthrough of Pokémon white version. Sometimes the game closed automatically and brings me back to the drastic menu screen. The game is playable though this problem happens unexpectedly. I'm not sure whether I accidentally pressed something (you know,touchscreen) or it's a glitch. I strongly think that it's the latter..is there any solution for this?please help me. I know it's a small problem but hey I paid for this app :l

Well, to make sure whether or not you just pressed something, try playing the game without touching the screen (use a bluetooth controller). Please let me know the outcome.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

laserkid96

Post by laserkid96 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:28 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
laserkid96 wrote:Hi. I'm having a tiny problem during my playthrough of Pokémon white version. Sometimes the game closed automatically and brings me back to the drastic menu screen. The game is playable though this problem happens unexpectedly. I'm not sure whether I accidentally pressed something (you know,touchscreen) or it's a glitch. I strongly think that it's the latter..is there any solution for this?please help me. I know it's a small problem but hey I paid for this app :l

Well, to make sure whether or not you just pressed something, try playing the game without touching the screen (use a bluetooth controller). Please let me know the outcome.
Is that necessary? I don't have a Bluetooth controller

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 am

Under the options menu there is the general settings. Under the general settings there is disable back button and disable menu button. Try turning on both those options.

I run pokemon white on the beta version and have not had one crash like that, so here are some tips that may also help incase it is not a mis-touch

1- try to set your frameskip to 0 (settings/video/frameskip) Pokemon White/Black seem to have some timing issues if a frame is skipped

2- try to not use multi-threaded 3d rendering if you can avoid it, it can be unstable at times.

3- Try to rip a fresh copy of your cartridge, to make sure there are no errors there.

4- Cheats are buggy by design so make sure it crashes without cheats being on.

Unfortunately with it crashing randomly it is very hard to diagnosis what the issue would be because you can't send a savestate and point to an issue and go this causes a crash so I can only give you best practices to hopefully help.