Emulator Crashes on new phone

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Synkell
Emulator Crashes on new phone

Post by Synkell » Wed May 13, 2015 10:17 am

Hi all, gonna put up this event. I like this app and would hope for a resolution to this.

DraStic Version:r2.3.0.2a
Game: Chrono Trigger and World Ends with You
Glitch description and how to replicate: Upon starting up the app, which is the first time for this phone, I started to launch either of the games mentioned above and was unable to do so as I arrived at the grey screen which says "While in-game, please press 'Menu' button...." yadayada. Touching the screen causes it to turn white then it minimizes the app and brings me back to the start page of the Drastic emulator.
Copy of savestate or ingame save: None, unable to launch games.

Phone: Asus Zenphone 2
Android Version: 5.0
Intel Atom Z2560
Processor clock: 1,60 GHz
Number of cores: 2
GPU: PowerVR SGX544 MP2 @400 MHz
Ram : 2gig

Hope this helps.

Lordus

Re: Emulator Crashes on new phone

Post by Lordus » Wed May 13, 2015 10:23 am

Please try the latest beta, and see if it still happens:
http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=828

Synkell

Post by Synkell » Sat May 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Well, nada, still doesn't work.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed May 20, 2015 10:43 am

Apparently DraStic is hving some issues on Android Lollipop. Hopefully Lordus will be able to remedy the situation soon...

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed May 20, 2015 10:53 am

We got several users with a Asus Zenphone 2 that mailed about the same problem, and after using the beta it worked for them, so first you should make sure that you're really using the beta.
You can check the build number if you go to 'Help' in the app. It should be at least 68 to have the fix for this included.

HitHolic

Post by HitHolic » Thu May 21, 2015 4:08 am

Hi, is there a possibility of having the beta version of the demo app? I really don't want to buy the app only to find out it doesn't work/performance's bad. Thank you.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu May 21, 2015 8:02 am

HitHolic wrote:Hi, is there a possibility of having the beta version of the demo app? I really don't want to buy the app only to find out it doesn't work/performance's bad. Thank you.
Unfortunately the beta uses the same google play store license as the full app so it would not work plus the beta is more for making sure the updates are stable for those who do not want the risks associated with running a beta.

If you are running an intel atom based device just wait a bit and the demo will get the beta update then you will have the ability to test. If you are running a device with a non x86 processor then try the beta out and see how it preforms for you.

AUser

Post by AUser » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:31 pm

ZenFone 2 laser user checking in : DraStic doesn't seem to work at all for me, I am on the latest version, however it keeps crashing whenever I load a game.