Low performance with Moto G 2014

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Low performance with Moto G 2014

Post by 03040 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Hey,

i recently bought a moto G 2014 and I have big performance problems. On normal speed it lags only a bit, but on fast forward it lags a lot more, I tried also the 16-bit rendering and multi-threaded 3D rendering, but with no success. I had before a Lg 4x HD and had no problems with the performance, even on my old xperia play it runs better/the same (with CPU overclocked). I'm currently on cm12, but the performance is the same on stock ROM, is there anything I can do? Or is the moto g that slow? I'm using the latest version of Drastic.

kaikun97

Re: Low performance with Moto G 2014

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:43 pm

03040 wrote:Hey,

i recently bought a moto G 2014 and I have big performance problems. On normal speed it lags only a bit, but on fast forward it lags a lot more, I tried also the 16-bit rendering and multi-threaded 3D rendering, but with no success. I had before a Lg 4x HD and had no problems with the performance, even on my old xperia play it runs better/the same (with CPU overclocked). I'm currently on cm12, but the performance is the same on stock ROM, is there anything I can do? Or is the moto g that slow? I'm using the latest version of Drastic.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini on Stock kitkat rom and it has a similar chipset to the moto g yet here, I get really good performance. Idk whats causing the issue for you. It must be the rom.

pablox.mo

Post by pablox.mo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:48 am

uff i thought it was only me!...i have the moto g 2014 (2nd gen), and its showing the same lag problem with all the settings in frameskip..i thought that maybe it is the 1gb ram, but idk... i didnt have any trouble with my s4 mini :c

Im running the last version of paid drastic, any help?

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:28 pm

I don't have a second gen Moto G, but my previous phone was a first gen, which has the same CPU, GPU, and RAM, so it should get almost the exact same performance. It seems to be an issue with Lollipop. I had no issues with most games on KitKat, but once I updated it to Lollipop quite a few games lag at certain parts. The same can be said for when I updated my Moto X second gen to Lollipop. I've seen other people with this issue as well. Turning on 16-bit rendering fixes it for most people. If it doesn't work for you, I don't know of any other fixes. The only thing that can be done is either wait and see if it's fixed in the next DraStic update, or wait and see if it's fixed in Android 5.1, which is rumored to come out for some devices as early as February.