Full Drastic is acting like the Demo version...

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
CosmicGoddesss
Full Drastic is acting like the Demo version...

Post by CosmicGoddesss » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:35 am

Hi, I recently purchased Drastic for $5.99 and have been enjoying it thus far. However, today when I went to open up Drastic, it seems to have reverted to the Drastic Demo and will not allow me to play my saved games ( the "continue" option is not lit up... )! I am VERY upset as I REALLY do not want to have to start any new games! I've been wanting to play Pokemon Black ( Blaze Black specifically ) for such a long time... and I finally got to, but now it seems my saved data is either locked or gone altogether!

PLEASE HELP!!! :(((

ETA: I apologize if this post is not in the correct area as I am new here.

~ Kerstan

Jay Haru

Re: Full Drastic is acting like the Demo version...

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:32 pm

CosmicGoddesss wrote:Hi, I recently purchased Drastic for $5.99 and have been enjoying it thus far. However, today when I went to open up Drastic, it seems to have reverted to the Drastic Demo and will not allow me to play my saved games ( the "continue" option is not lit up... )! I am VERY upset as I REALLY do not want to have to start any new games! I've been wanting to play Pokemon Black ( Blaze Black specifically ) for such a long time... and I finally got to, but now it seems my saved data is either locked or gone altogether!

PLEASE HELP!!! :(((

ETA: I apologize if this post is not in the correct area as I am new here.

~ Kerstan
the app doesnt revert back to demo once it is a full version. also, if you use, savestate, there is already a warning that its a use at your own risk esp in pokemon which we encourage to use ingame (since you can save anywhere anyways outside of battles). also, always back up when you save. you have 10 (aside from quick and autosave)saveslots so use them.

try going to load new game>select your game (pokemon bblack)>load other save to see if you can load it.
Behold my mighty

CosmicGoddesss

Post by CosmicGoddesss » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:39 am

[/quote]the app doesnt revert back to demo once it is a full version. also, if you use, savestate, there is already a warning that its a use at your own risk esp in pokemon which we encourage to use ingame (since you can save anywhere anyways outside of battles). also, always back up when you save. you have 10 (aside from quick and autosave)saveslots so use them.

try going to load new game>select your game (pokemon bblack)>load other save to see if you can load it.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I don't use savestates ( I use the Pokemon menu in-game to save my progress ), but I could be wrong?

Also, I tried loading the 'other save', but it too, is not lit up, so I cannot click it... :/

I guess I simply need to start backing them up like you suggested ( do I just save them in my Google account to do so? ).

Thank you for your response - I greatly appreciate it!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:43 am

CosmicGoddesss wrote:
the app doesnt revert back to demo once it is a full version. also, if you use, savestate, there is already a warning that its a use at your own risk esp in pokemon which we encourage to use ingame (since you can save anywhere anyways outside of battles). also, always back up when you save. you have 10 (aside from quick and autosave)saveslots so use them.

try going to load new game>select your game (pokemon bblack)>load other save to see if you can load it.
I'm pretty sure I don't use savestates ( I use the Pokemon menu in-game to save my progress ), but I could be wrong?

Also, I tried loading the 'other save', but it too, is not lit up, so I cannot click it... :/

I guess I simply need to start backing them up like you suggested ( do I just save them in my Google account to do so? ).

Thank you for your response - I greatly appreciate it!
if youre using ingame saves, can you check the backup folder on drastic and check how many kb it has? there should be a file thame with same nameof your game.
Behold my mighty

CosmicGoddesss

Post by CosmicGoddesss » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:09 am

My backup folder in Drastic seems to be empty... :/

Pretty much right now when I open up Drastic, I can't select the 'continue' button, only the 'load new game' button.

Once I click the 'load new game' button, I'll click Pokemon Heartgold ( I just started a new game today ), and it'll only allow me to click the 'start game' button. I cannot click the 'continue last save' or 'continue other save' buttons, as they are not lit up.

So, I click my only option ( the 'start game' button ) and oddly enough, once I get to the game's menu, my saved file is there... my only concern is for how long ( as Pokemon Blaze Black did the exact same thing, but eventually, my saved in-game file was deleted or something... ).

I really appreciate you helping me - it means a lot! :)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:24 am

CosmicGoddesss wrote:My backup folder in Drastic seems to be empty... :/

Pretty much right now when I open up Drastic, I can't select the 'continue' button, only the 'load new game' button.

Once I click the 'load new game' button, I'll click Pokemon Heartgold ( I just started a new game today ), and it'll only allow me to click the 'start game' button. I cannot click the 'continue last save' or 'continue other save' buttons, as they are not lit up.

So, I click my only option ( the 'start game' button ) and oddly enough, once I get to the game's menu, my saved file is there... my only concern is for how long ( as Pokemon Blaze Black did the exact same thing, but eventually, my saved in-game file was deleted or something... ).

I really appreciate you helping me - it means a lot! :)
i raised this concern to one of the devs before. he said that its not actually the app but rather, its how android does things where if an app crashes, it wipes it clean without saving any info. its a known issue even in the aosp community and they never really got it fixed. the only thing i can recommend is backup your backup folder as much as possible.
Behold my mighty