Save states and rng in pokemon

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
marcin1503
Save states and rng in pokemon

Post by marcin1503 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Hello

I don't know where to ask. Do you notice that in new generation of pokemon games some random values are not calculated while gaming ? I mean that, if I encounter pokemon, then make save state all situations will be always the same even if you load save state. For example if your pokemon miss, it will always miss even if you load save state. If opponent hit you with critical hit, even after 100 times load previous state it will be always critical hit. In old generations, GB and GBA, and in pokemon diamond and pearl it works normal but from platinum and in heart gold and soul silver (i didn't check black and white) it works like I described.

Exophase

Re: Save states and rng in pokemon

Post by Exophase » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 pm

The game probably already made its calculations on what will happen by the time you made the savestate. I doubt that anything in the emulator will change this.

Jay Haru

Re: Save states and rng in pokemon

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:28 am

marcin1503 wrote:Hello

I don't know where to ask. Do you notice that in new generation of pokemon games some random values are not calculated while gaming ? I mean that, if I encounter pokemon, then make save state all situations will be always the same even if you load save state. For example if your pokemon miss, it will always miss even if you load save state. If opponent hit you with critical hit, even after 100 times load previous state it will be always critical hit. In old generations, GB and GBA, and in pokemon diamond and pearl it works normal but from platinum and in heart gold and soul silver (i didn't check black and white) it works like I described.
AND i really hope you make in game saves as you might not be able to continue after e4 after so many saves and loads.
Behold my mighty