"Upgrading" my Drastic

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
cloudropis
"Upgrading" my Drastic

Post by cloudropis » Wed May 21, 2014 5:02 pm

First of all, thanks to the whole team for developing such a fine piece of software so quickly and efficiently, Drastic gave me tons of hours of entertainment, I wasn't expecting that.
.. Yeah, I wasn't expecting it at all, especially because my last experience with DS emulators on Android was a 3 FPS Castlevania PoR, so when I heard of this new emulator I decided to give it a try.. By non-Play Store means. I know there is the free demo, but I encountered so many problems with saves in my emulation career that I just couldn't put all of my trust in a demo which doesn't even save (I'm not blaming you, but I remember the times when No$GBA was the only decent emu and you had to try 6 possible saves configurations for every game because the auto feature sucked, losing all your progresses everytime. Not doing it again).
Tomorrow I'm buying the official version from the Play Store. I already backed up my saves, but I discovered some strange files: config saves, there only 3 of the total of 12 or so games I tried with Drastic and are pretty weird (ie, there is one for Ace Attorney 1, but not for the rest of the series), should I keep them or should I just discard them and create a new bunch with the official emu? I don't want to have compatibility issues with my regular saves and stuff. Also, the .bin bios files. Didn't Drastic work without the use of bios files like the FAQ says? Are those in the emulator by default or were they put in by the guy who uploaded it in the other market?
drastic_bios_arm7 and 9, bin files in the system folder.
Thanks for the help, please don't hate me for using a pirated version until now. By the way, I heard cracked Drastics would drop their performance after a while, but mine worked all the way troughout with no problems, if it was some sort of anti-cracking measure, well, it didn't work for me, and maybe countless others. Just saying.

Wrench_Jokey

Re: "Upgrading" my Drastic

Post by Wrench_Jokey » Sun May 25, 2014 8:32 am

for compatibility,thats whats the demo is for. heh.

cloudropis

Post by cloudropis » Sun May 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Wrench_Jokey wrote:for compatibility,thats whats the demo is for. heh.
.. Seriously? Did you even read what I posted? I was talking about gamesaves and config saves, did you seriously just scroll past the word "compatibility" and posted without reading?

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun May 25, 2014 1:51 pm

The files in the 'config' folder are custom screen/controller layouts for those games. If you're on the same device, you can re-use them.

drastic_bios_arm7 and 9 are replacement BIOS files, which were developed by us, and are used instead of the original BIOS. They're copied to the system folder automatically when you first start the app.

cloudropis

Post by cloudropis » Sun May 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Lordus wrote:The files in the 'config' folder are custom screen/controller layouts for those games. If you're on the same device, you can re-use them.

drastic_bios_arm7 and 9 are replacement BIOS files, which were developed by us, and are used instead of the original BIOS. They're copied to the system folder automatically when you first start the app.
Oh, the layout, of course! So it's all set, thank you very much.
Officially bought the app, ready to be fired. Keep up the excellent job, this emulator meant a lot for me because thanks to it I enjoyed some of the greatest games of the decade. Good job guys!