unzipped_rom.nds

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
xmysteryguy
unzipped_rom.nds

Post by xmysteryguy » Sat May 03, 2014 5:09 am

Hi!
I'm not very good with phones... or technology really haha so sorry if I sound like a nub about this
and very sorry if this was asked before, i can't find anything on it
anyways, what is "unzipped_rom.nds"?
Its made whenever i play on the app, and it takes a lot of my memory space on my internal storage...
(I looked on google if you could move the drastic app memory app whatever stuff to your external sd card if you're using an android, but all results say you can't, so i'm assuming the app will forever be in my internal storage.."
anyways, just wanted to know if theres a way for this thing to go away without destroying gameplay. my internal sd card only has 1.2 gb, and this thing is about 250mb so its hogging up a lot of space...
i paid for this app and all so i want to actually play it lol

Exophase

Re: unzipped_rom.nds

Post by Exophase » Sat May 03, 2014 12:01 pm

When you load a compressed (.zip, .rar, or .7z) ROM it has to be uncompressed somewhere to emulate it. The uncompressed ROM can be stored either in memory or on storage. Since a lot of people don't have enough free memory to store it there it's done to storage by default, which is what unzipped_rom.nds is. You can change an option to put it in memory, but I don't recommend doing it unless you have at least 1GB of RAM.

The other option is to uncompress your ROMs so they're just .nds files.