Drastic deleted ALL my savestates,doesnt allow to save.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Wrench_Jokey
Drastic deleted ALL my savestates,doesnt allow to save.

Post by Wrench_Jokey » Thu May 01, 2014 3:38 pm

This is a wierd issue, drastic has deleted all my save states and doesnt allow me to create a new one apart from 1 ,that 1 when i back out of save doesnt load. (Meaning it has deleted at lightning quick pace)

it has deleted my save states and doesnt allow me to save,i have a TBackup of Drastic,but it has killed my save states.I checked in android/data and its not there.So forget that.

Since i havent quit the game its still going ,but i want and need to save.How? I have done on TB Cut strings to Android market,im pretty sure this is what has caused the app to backfire and kill the SS. Then i went and forced it to reattach which didnt solve the problem.Any solutions?

Exophase

Re: Drastic deleted ALL my savestates,doesnt allow to save.

Post by Exophase » Thu May 01, 2014 4:59 pm

They're stored in /sdcard/DraStic/savestates. This was changed several months ago, and the version that changed it migrated the old directory. Did you recently update? And did you get it from the Play store?

Wrench_Jokey

Post by Wrench_Jokey » Thu May 01, 2014 7:07 pm

This actually helped quite abit!

See,the problem was this :

Somehow,DraStic wiped itself;
This wiped the all important folder,which you specified was sdcard/DraStic/savestates

The problem here was that when i saved DraStic had no directory to save to :D So the solution was to create a new one,word by word like yours.

Now a new problem arises,i have the save states safely extracted,but drastic doesnt allow me to save.i'll play around abit and see what i can come up with. Hopefully this helps someone too

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu May 01, 2014 7:26 pm

All of this really sounds like you're using a cracked version. Did you buy it from the Play store?

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Thu May 01, 2014 7:51 pm

"TB Cut strings to Android market" makes the app believe it wasn't installed from Google Play and instead as if it were installed standalone. I don't know how the license stuff works, but removing the functionality to contact Google Play for a license sounds like it may trigger it.

Wrench_Jokey

Post by Wrench_Jokey » Thu May 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Finally,all of this has being RESOVLED!

DraStic deleted the sdcard/drastic/ directory. What i did:

Made a new directory; went back to my previously unclosed game and saved succesfully as it has a directory now ;transported it to dropbox.

Going back to directory save state directory,i moved from dropbox to Savestate folder.

Renamed the Black2 game to something simple like B2 ,and renamed the save state B2_0. Quit,Open,Voila! worked

Never gonna tamper again with TB xD Major props for the second poster. This may help people who have somehow lose all their access to savestates while game still running