Pokemon in-game time disconnect (since Version 2.2.1.1a?)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
PkmnHalpPlz
Pokemon in-game time disconnect (since Version 2.2.1.1a?)

Post by PkmnHalpPlz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm running the Google Play DraStic DS Emulator with Pokemon Black on a Nexus 5.

All was fine and dandy, very happy with the software, until earlier this week I notice my savestate was no longer in sync with the system (ie, real world) time. Me noticing this issue seems to coincide with a recent update my phone downloaded for DraStic. The game, Pokemon Black, seems to be keeping its own time now that only passes when I play. Like I swear before I could play on the bus to work and it would be morning in game. I could play later before bed and the in-game would set at night. Now the game has it's own clock, and if I stop playing at say 11:34pm according to the game clock, it'll still be 11:34pm even if the next time I play is at high noon during lunch days later.

This leads to reaaally slow in-game progression. The game has been in night mode for hours, and the darker screen makes it hard to see while I walk around in daylight (it's only ~2am in game so I'm stuck for hours of dark gameplay yet!). Seasons matter in Pokemon Black as well so I'm going to have impossible progression through those now.

Can anyone suggest a way to link my savestate back up with the phone/system time? I don't know much about savestates' temper so I wanted to ask before I accidentally corrupt something.

Exophase

Re: Pokemon in-game time disconnect (since Version 2.2.1.1a?

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:11 pm

This was done deliberately to avoid desyncing emulation state, which is somehting that has been known to confuse games and cause problems.

To get it to sync back up with your phone's time, make an in-game save, reset the emulator without loading a save state and load the in-game save.

PkmnHalpPlz

Re: Pokemon in-game time disconnect (since Version 2.2.1.1a?

Post by PkmnHalpPlz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 am

Exophase wrote:This was done deliberately to avoid desyncing emulation state, which is somehting that has been known to confuse games and cause problems.

To get it to sync back up with your phone's time, make an in-game save, reset the emulator without loading a save state and load the in-game save.
That worked out, thank you for the explanation!