TWEWY - "Changing" my DS

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Fefo
TWEWY - "Changing" my DS

Post by Fefo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:30 pm

For those who don't know, The World Ends With You has some shops which sell valuable and rare pins depending on you DS hardware. Is there some way to trick the game and change what is on sale?

Also, it would be interesting if someone could test what pin you get from Hanekoma's shop. Mine is Black Venus.

Just made a simple test save. Load the game, enter WildKat and look at the last item name: Black ______
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq6if9hiotdwf ... %20You.dsv
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Exophase

Re: TWEWY - "Changing" my DS

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:35 pm

I can't find out anything about this in FAQs. Can you point to something which describes in more detail what it means that it checks for different types of DSes?

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:15 pm

I can't, because as you said nobody got much deeper than that. A example from TWEWY Wiki:

"Only one of the six Black Planet pins will be available in the shop. It is unknown what determines the pin's availability. (The same game card inserted into different DS's may display different pins, showing that availability is partially based on the hardware. It is unknown what else determines the pin's availability)."

My guess is that it uses the DS MAC adress to differentiate then, since this was also used on Wii e-mail system. If it's even possible to fake this on an emulator I don't know.

Testing always gave the same results. There are 4 shops with hardware-dependant pins, and they always offered the same ones.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:51 pm

I also get Black Venus, and indeed, by changing the MAC address it changed to a different item (Black Mercury).

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Awesome. Can I change my MAC someway or I need to toy with the apk to do it? I have root, etc.

I don't think this is even worth a advanced configuration (doubt there's 5 other games with something like it) but a "drastic.ini" file with an option would be great.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:50 pm

The MAC is in the firmware, so if you place the firmware from a real DS into /sdcard/DraStic/system and name it nds_firmware.bin, the MAC should be taken form there.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks.

I don't have my DSs anymore and lost my BIOS editor, let's see if I can find something (pretty underwhelming so far).
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH