Just wondering about the compatibility of certain games!

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Azzor
Just wondering about the compatibility of certain games!

Post by Azzor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Or if you need a patch or something for these games which are just straight dumps from the original. Thanks!

The various pokemon games (platinum, HG/SS, BW1+2)(these probably get asked a lot haha, just wanted to get a more up to date compatibility status)

tactics a2

megaman starforce games

various dragon quest games

golden sun

Ill add that my main device for this is a galaxy note 10.1 (2012 model)

I know it's a lot, but just if anyone has experience with any of them, if you could please just let me know if they work or not, (stability is important for me), or if there is any AP patches or the like that is needed. Thanks a lot for any help!

I also look forward to being a part of this forum, and contributing by testing different roms on several devices, in hopes that i can help others too!

Exophase

Re: Just wondering about the compatibility of certain games!

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:44 pm

The only game I know of that has anti-piracy measures that break the emulator is Rabbids Go Home. This one breaks all DS emulators I'm aware of, even DeSmuME. I don't think any of those games have AP problems, and we've had various testers play through Pokemon HeartGold and Golden Sun, while I know most if not all of the others have been pretty heavily played by others w/o outright compatibility reports.

autofire

Post by autofire » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Heck, my experience is that Heart Gold actually plays better in DraStic than in DeSmuMe, which has sprite corruption/graphics failure issues.

Azzor

Post by Azzor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Wow! I'm just blown away with this emulator to be honest. It's a work of genius that's for sure.

In regards to those, just to clarify (I used to use a flash cart years ago in my DS, and some games required me to patch the rom for circumvent the anti piracy), do I need to do this for any of these ROMS? You say heartgold runs great, is that using a unmodded, unpatched ROM?

Thankyou for your replies everyone!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Azzor wrote:Wow! I'm just blown away with this emulator to be honest. It's a work of genius that's for sure.

In regards to those, just to clarify (I used to use a flash cart years ago in my DS, and some games required me to patch the rom for circumvent the anti piracy), do I need to do this for any of these ROMS? You say heartgold runs great, is that using a unmodded, unpatched ROM?

Thankyou for your replies everyone!
well, unmodded basically means that there is no AP patch and/or dcrypted soyeah, it works fine on drastic.

i also tested golden sun until the end ages ago using a cheap chinatab so i think youre good (unless the 10.1 uses them silly tegra2. tactics a2 also worked great except for some weird bugs that was reported some time ago like a certain green viera casting thunder causing drastic to crash but the probability is low.
Behold my mighty

Azzor

Post by Azzor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:21 pm

That is beyond fantastic thank you! Nah no tegra 2 here, the note 10.1 has specifically the Samsung Exynos 4412 SOC (1.4 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor).

Much appreciated thanks!