Button Activated Cheats Not Working

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Xbel
Button Activated Cheats Not Working

Post by Xbel » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 am

I'm playing Pokemon Platinum (US). I made sure cheats were ensembled and have successfully used cheats that do not require in game activation. However, I'm trying to use the "All Items Codes (SELECT+UP)" for Poffins and Battle Items. I tried just Poffins first, then just Battle items.

When I go back to the game I press select (X) then up on the keypad but the only thing that happens is select opens my bag (as per normal) and up moves up. I've tried pressing them at the same time without results as well. My Poffin case is the same as is my battle items section.

Am I missing something? Because I really don't want to make my own Poffins... It's annoying as all get out.

Thanks in advance! :)

autofire

Re: Button Activated Cheats Not Working

Post by autofire » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:27 am

Alright, I'm a bit confused about your button mappings. You do realize that X and Select are two separate buttons on the DS, right?

On a side note, I've been having an odd issue with the "Move Anywhere" code in both Pokémon Platinum and Heart Gold. The button combos (R+B to enable, L+B to disable) work, but they only take effect after entering/exiting a building. This contrasts with DeSmuME, where the effects trigger immediately on activation.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:22 pm

If you want to use a cheat where you have to press SELECT and UP simultaneously, you need to enable the option 'Always show Start and Select button'.

Xbel

Post by Xbel » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Lordus wrote:If you want to use a cheat where you have to press SELECT and UP simultaneously, you need to enable the option 'Always show Start and Select button'.
And... That was my problem. I assumed "x" was select because there was no select button and when you enter the menu it says to press "x" to select. Glad it was a silly mistake on my part. This makes for an easy fix.

Much abliged. =D

Bahamut1112

Post by Bahamut1112 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:40 am

On DraStic r2.5.0.3a, running on Xperia Xz Premium, and fully updated system, I cannot activate many button activated codes.

As an example, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (EU Version). I seem to be able to activate codes like All Treasures x99 without issue. When I try to use codes like Walk through Walls, Moonjump, Faster Train, etc. They do not work properly. In order to use them, I have to do a screen change in order to activate/deactivate the code. i.e. Opening the map screen/menu tab. These codes seem to work fine using desmume on PC (occasionally I have issues with Walk through Walls. That's it) with the exact same codes and roms. Not sure what's going on.

Sbearable13

Post by Sbearable13 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Same here. I am playing pokemon black on Nvidia shield t.v. and cheats were working no problem. Then all the button activated cheats stopped working. I exited and reopened. No change. Disabled cheats and restarted. No change. I can't figure what else to do I really don't want to restart on a different emulator as I really feel drastic is by the far the best but I also don't want to play without the few cheats I use. Any advice?

Sbearable13

Post by Sbearable13 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:40 am

I found a work around. I have an external controller and I just had to map it as a new controller over again. Meaning in controller settings there are 4 slots to map controllers. I just had to use another slot and everything worked again. I hope I am being clear enough.