nexus 5 buttons

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
dragonquester
nexus 5 buttons

Post by dragonquester » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Okay so I have this issue with drastic. All of the buttons, ABXY the directional pad etc won't work when I tap them unless I long press. So say, if u want to go up with my character, I have to hold the up button for about half a second long. Its not a lag issue and I've tried messing with the options. It seems like a setting somewhere has been activated to only allow long presses to use the buttons.

This issue is not on my Samsung galaxy s3 so it seems to be a nexus only issue.

Thanks!

Jay Haru

Re: nexus 5 buttons

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:34 am

dragonquester wrote:Okay so I have this issue with drastic. All of the buttons, ABXY the directional pad etc won't work when I tap them unless I long press. So say, if u want to go up with my character, I have to hold the up button for about half a second long. Its not a lag issue and I've tried messing with the options. It seems like a setting somewhere has been activated to only allow long presses to use the buttons.

This issue is not on my Samsung galaxy s3 so it seems to be a nexus only issue.

Thanks!
i have an lg g2 which is spec wise, same with nexus 5 (its basically the nexus 5 with lg branding) and i cant see any lags. try to reinstall the app by deleting the drastic folder (backup your sves) and then installing it again.
Behold my mighty

dragonquester

Post by dragonquester » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:26 am

I've tried reinstalling but it hasnt changed anything. The games run smooth, sound quality is good and only the controls are not working properly. Is there a setting that makes it so the buttons react as soon as you touch them? Its really hard to play games when you have to hold the buttons for longer than you should.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:36 am

dragonquester wrote:I've tried reinstalling but it hasnt changed anything. The games run smooth, sound quality is good and only the controls are not working properly. Is there a setting that makes it so the buttons react as soon as you touch them? Its really hard to play games when you have to hold the buttons for longer than you should.
unless its rhythem games, the lag isnt really noticable. and i dont remember there being any button deadzone option except for the right stick option. double checked it and there is no option that i know that would make your controller lag except if the lag is actually the audio (set on very high) but thats just a guess.
Behold my mighty

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 am

Do you have anything installed/active, that could interfere with touch input? The xposed swipe back module is known to cause trouble, for example.