Roms won't work!!!

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
blacxican88
Roms won't work!!!

Post by blacxican88 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Hey guys, I've had this app for a while on my galaxy note 2, (not rooted), and it worked perfectly, but recently I erased all the data on my phone and after I re-installed the app, it no longer plays any of my roms that currently worked before. At times it will say "the file you tried to open is not a valid rom", sometimes it will only give me the black screen with the drastic logo loading. I've attempted to uninstall drastic and re-install to no avail. I've also tried downloading different versions of the roms, (which doesn't really make sense to me since they were working perfectly before) and still it's no use. Any idea how to fix this? I've been trying to look for a solution for the past two days!!
Note: I only use unzipped roms on my phone too and they all end with the .nds format. It's a real bugger guys!!!

jmicdizz

Re: Roms won't work!!!

Post by jmicdizz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Sounds like the same problem I'm having, the demo version played compressed roms but I can't get them to play in the full version.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:33 am

Did you get it from the Play store? Only the most recent version supports .rar and .7z.

antarus

Post by antarus » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:10 pm

when you unzip the roms in the pc what´s the result?, you got a folder with the .nds file inside it?, if so drastic will give the error you are describing.

The solution is to zip or rar the rom directly into the archive, don´t do it with a folder.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:41 pm

However, if it worked before it should still work, and if it worked in the demo it should work in the full version. Which is why I want to make sure they both didn't just go and download some old cracked version.

jmicdizz

Post by jmicdizz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:34 pm

I bought the full version from the Play Store right after trying the demo.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Okay, I have to retract my earlier statement actually, I talked with Lordus and looks like the demo contained something regarding archives that was out of sync with the release. We just updated the release to add this, it should be up soon.

If you want to get it working now you can change the archive so it only has the .nds file in it.

jmicdizz

Post by jmicdizz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Just updated, and it shows the icons in the rom listing, but it won't load the compressed roms