DSV are not created

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Fastbuilder575
DSV are not created

Post by Fastbuilder575 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:20 pm

I accidentally deleted a .dsv file in /sdcard/drastic/backup. Now i would need it but if i do savestate or save normal ingame, in both cases there is not a new generated .dsv. What do i have to do to get a new dsv file there??

With friendly regards, Christian

Jay Haru

Re: DSV are not created

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:13 am

Fastbuilder575 wrote:I accidentally deleted a .dsv file in /sdcard/drastic/backup. Now i would need it but if i do savestate or save normal ingame, in both cases there is not a new generated .dsv. What do i have to do to get a new dsv file there??

With friendly regards, Christian
ignoring the fact that you somehow deleted a dsv, what game are we talking about? if its a pokemon game, then you are usually royally baconbaconbacon as it will treat it as a corrupt save and you need to start from the beginning.

in any case, savestates dont generate dsv. only ingame saves do.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Re: DSV are not created

Post by Exophase » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:02 am

The DSV file gets created only when the game's save memory is written to. This is deliberate, for example if you load a savestate then quit before making an in-game save, this shouldn't overwrite your DSV. But if you do save in-game after loading the save state the file should be generated shortly thereafter. The only reason I can think of that it won't happen is if you plain don't have space for it.