Will Drastic Work with Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
DNYC
Will Drastic Work with Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX

Post by DNYC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Thinking about getting one for school. It'd be nice to be able to put this on as well. Did a bit of research but I'm not entirely sure. Can I do so by "sideloading" Drastic? I'd rather not try to root the whole thing. And what about the actual emulator files. Will I be able to move them on the kindle?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers :)

Exophase

Re: Will Drastic Work with Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX

Post by Exophase » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:13 pm

The emulator needs Google Play installed to work, which probably means rooting the device, although I don't know for sure what you can do with these.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Exophase wrote:The emulator needs Google Play installed to work, which probably means rooting the device, although I don't know for sure what you can do with these.
just to expand on what our great dev said, it needs google play for its lisence verification. i am not sure if rooting your device and installing playstore would make drastic run on your system but having it(playstore) is definitely a must.
Behold my mighty

DNYC

Post by DNYC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
Exophase wrote:The emulator needs Google Play installed to work, which probably means rooting the device, although I don't know for sure what you can do with these.
just to expand on what our great dev said, it needs google play for its lisence verification. i am not sure if rooting your device and installing playstore would make drastic run on your system but having it(playstore) is definitely a must.
Not sure I understand. I'm pretty sure it's possible to get play store since kindle os has android under it. I've seen a few vids on YouTube with people playing but it was on the older kindles. @_@

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 am

DNYC wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Not sure I understand. I'm pretty sure it's possible to get play store since kindle os has android under it. I've seen a few vids on YouTube with people playing but it was on the older kindles. @_@
what we basically mean is that its a 'try at your own risk' thing since the play store is not installed by default on the kindles. it may or may not work so we cannot really guarantee it.
Behold my mighty