License check fails on phone running Myriad Alien

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Matoking
License check fails on phone running Myriad Alien

Post by Matoking » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:27 pm

I bought the DraStic DS from Google Play recently and I'm getting the "license is not valid or out of date" error. The phone I'm using (Jolla) doesn't run Android natively but uses a custom implementation called Myriad Alien for Android app compatibility, which makes installing Google Play a lot more involved than usual. Installing sideloaded apps (aka apk files) works just fine.

I downloaded the DraStic DS DEMO from Aptoide and since it ran really well I decided to install Google Play on my device so I could buy and install the full version of DraStic DS. However, I've reinstalled both the application and Google Play, deleted the app settings manually, rebooted the phone multiple times and I still can't get past the license validation screen. The error code I'm getting is 6.

It's very likely it has to do with a conflict between license validation DraStic DS uses and the fact that my phone doesn't run "standard" Android, which feels even more infuriating because other paid Android apps work on my phone just fine. :(

Exophase

Re: License check fails on phone running Myriad Alien

Post by Exophase » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:44 pm

It seems like it can work if this is any indication:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1406594

Do you think you could post there and see if they can give any further details?

Matoking

Post by Matoking » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:33 am

I PM'ed him and he said there are still some issues with license validation and that I should ask for a refund.

I did find a cracked version of DraStic DS that happens to work but since it's an old version I suppose it won't be as good as the current version. What a shame. :(

I created a thread on the forum about my issue.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:57 am

Are you sure, that the error code is 6? There shouldn't really be any error code like that, they're all 3 digits.

Matoking

Post by Matoking » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Lordus wrote:Are you sure, that the error code is 6? There shouldn't really be any error code like that, they're all 3 digits.
It is 6, as can be seen here:
http://imgur.com/KM5gwLq

The issue is probably obscure enough that I'm first to report it. It would be more helpful if it could also tell what method/executable is returning the error code.