Pokemon HeartGold Problem

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
xTurK
Pokemon HeartGold Problem

Post by xTurK » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:08 pm

I just beat Johto's champion Lance, and after the Pokemon hall of fame, just before the credits, it doesn't save by itself when it should. Because of this, I'm stuck and I cannot go to Kanto. Is this DraStic's problem or the ROM's? Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Jay Haru

Re: Pokemon HeartGold Problem

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:51 am

xTurK wrote:I just beat Johto's champion Lance, and after the Pokemon hall of fame, just before the credits, it doesn't save by itself when it should. Because of this, I'm stuck and I cannot go to Kanto. Is this DraStic's problem or the ROM's? Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thank you.
its neither. its a problem that crops up using savestates. the rom has some issues with ingame saves and savestates not syncing on their times. then theres also their 'save check' which doesnt allow you to overwrite supposed corrupted/existing files.

solutions to not have this issue is use pure ingame saves or try the solution on one of our stickies(may or may not work).
Behold my mighty

xTurK

Post by xTurK » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
xTurK wrote:I just beat Johto's champion Lance, and after the Pokemon hall of fame, just before the credits, it doesn't save by itself when it should. Because of this, I'm stuck and I cannot go to Kanto. Is this DraStic's problem or the ROM's? Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thank you.
its neither. its a problem that crops up using savestates. the rom has some issues with ingame saves and savestates not syncing on their times. then theres also their 'save check' which doesnt allow you to overwrite supposed corrupted/existing files.

solutions to not have this issue is use pure ingame saves or try the solution on one of our stickies(may or may not work).
Ah, it may be because I only saved in-game on a completely different HeartGold game (pretty much, at some point, I decided to restart HeartGold from scratch and I haven't saved in-game on it since, so the in-game save leads to my previous game).

Unfortunately, my savestate resumes during the battle against the champion, so after beating him, there is only dialogue and I cannot save in-game because of that. Is there an action replay that could make me escape dialogue or give me a way to save? I would greatly appreciate it if you did.

xTurK

Post by xTurK » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:52 am

Bump (sorry, I just want to make sure that this isn't ignored).

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:02 am

xTurK wrote:Bump (sorry, I just want to make sure that this isn't ignored).
you need to learn to wait for a response, basic forum ettiquete

in any case, i dont think there is a way to save in game at the point youre in. if you do have any states before the said battle, there may be a chance but not during battle.
Behold my mighty

xTurK

Post by xTurK » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:01 am

Jay Haru wrote:
xTurK wrote:Bump (sorry, I just want to make sure that this isn't ignored).
you need to learn to wait for a response, basic forum ettiquete

in any case, i dont think there is a way to save in game at the point youre in. if you do have any states before the said battle, there may be a chance but not during battle.
I'm sorry for bumping, I was just very impatient and I was scared the thread might be buried.

Alright, looks like I'll have to redo everything again. :(