Google Drive feature

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
soyo
Google Drive feature

Post by soyo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi

The Google Drive feature is not very intuitive (if I can be honest). Would any of the developers mind how to sync the savestates across couple devices, using google drive?

ps. Does it have to be google drive exactly, or I can use dropbox as well?

soyo

Re: Google Drive feature

Post by soyo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:25 am

Well?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:51 am

soyo wrote:Well?
you need to have a google drive account, online connection and set it up on drastic. the 'syncing' part is basically just uploading a savestate thru drive. i personally havent tested it with multiple devices but i think the gamemust have the exct name accross for it to work and you need to download the state. i think lordus would be able to give you a much more definite answer with this.

lastly, with regards to dropbox, for now we only support drive. not sure the devs would bring support to dropbox
Behold my mighty

soyo

Post by soyo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:35 am

Thanks for the answer.

I understand about the dropbox. About the google drive... I do have a google drive account. The problem I'm having is I can't find any info in drastic FAQ or info page, what now...

How to move on from here?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:43 am

soyo wrote:Thanks for the answer.

I understand about the dropbox. About the google drive... I do have a google drive account. The problem I'm having is I can't find any info in drastic FAQ or info page, what now...

How to move on from here?
since you have the account, just do the following

first, open the game you are playing in drastic and create a savestate
go to main menu > manage savestates
from there, there is the drive icon on the right side of a save.
click on the drive icon and you willbe prompted to choose an account. select one with a google drive account (i have 4 different gmails but only 1 with drive)
the game save will be uploaded to your drive.
Behold my mighty

soyo

Post by soyo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks

Ok, I managed to upload the savestates. How do I download them on another device?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:27 pm

soyo wrote:Thanks

Ok, I managed to upload the savestates. How do I download them on another device?
on your device, just load the game <must be same name accros devices>
go to manage saves then press the colored drive icon on the top right. this will allow the app to check if there is an available save
if there is one found, it will show a black screen with 'empty' on the text beside it. click it and choose 'download from drive'

and there you go.
Behold my mighty

soyo

Post by soyo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:23 am

Thank you.

It did indeed work just like you said, but in the end I settled for a simpler solution using a dropbox sync. I just sync the savestates folder which is working very nicely. Thanks for the help anyway.

The Gingerbread Man

Post by The Gingerbread Man » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:55 am

I am trying to use this feature to load a save state on Pokémon black. I uploaded save state slot 1 & 2 & quick save. I was playing the game on nexus 5, in the drastic app I can see the save games, I see and veiw the save games on my Google drive account. When I open the drastic app on my nexus 7 2013 I can see the 3 save states uploaded to my drive in the manage save states, all 3 show as empty and 0mb and I get download failed message when I try to download it. I am missing something here? Help would be appriciated to manage my saves over both my devices. Thanks

The Gingerbread Man

Post by The Gingerbread Man » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:34 pm

The Gingerbread Man wrote:I am trying to use this feature to load a save state on Pokémon black. I uploaded save state slot 1 & 2 & quick save. I was playing the game on nexus 5, in the drastic app I can see the save games, I see and veiw the save games on my Google drive account. When I open the drastic app on my nexus 7 2013 I can see the 3 save states uploaded to my drive in the manage save states, all 3 show as empty and 0mb and I get download failed message when I try to download it. I am missing something here? Help would be appriciated to manage my saves over both my devices. Thanks
Bump