Pokemon SoulSilver save game corrupt or not working

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
martingauto
Pokemon SoulSilver save game corrupt or not working

Post by martingauto » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:27 pm

I was playing regularly and as I was leaving a cave through the stairs, at the moment the screen turned black, I hit save. The screen then froze and so I exited and forced stopped drastic, not knowing what to do. When I tried to continue my game, the screen would appear to be loading and then I would end up in drastic's home screen once more. When I tried to manually load the game, the save file under quick was all black and I still ended up in the home screen. I didn't know if this had alreadh been posted as I couldn't find it nor did I really know how to search for it, but I was really advanced in the game so I'd like to know if there's a way of saving my file so I don't lose all my progress.

Please help asap! There should be a way to recuperate the file, right? A picture of the save state is attached.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-02-24-15-18-26-1.png
Savestate apparently corrupted
Screenshot_2014-02-24-15-18-26-1.png (37.68KiB)Viewed 10811 times

Jay Haru

Re: Pokemon SoulSilver save game corrupt or not working

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:07 pm

martingauto wrote:I was playing regularly and as I was leaving a cave through the stairs, at the moment the screen turned black, I hit save. The screen then froze and so I exited and forced stopped drastic, not knowing what to do. When I tried to continue my game, the screen would appear to be loading and then I would end up in drastic's home screen once more. When I tried to manually load the game, the save file under quick was all black and I still ended up in the home screen. I didn't know if this had alreadh been posted as I couldn't find it nor did I really know how to search for it, but I was really advanced in the game so I'd like to know if there's a way of saving my file so I don't lose all my progress.

Please help asap! There should be a way to recuperate the file, right? A picture of the save state is attached.
well, unfortunately, if you captured it at the moment the game crashed, the save is beyond saving.
Behold my mighty

martingauto

Post by martingauto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:06 am

Are the saved filed stored in a folder somewhere? Because maybe then if I managed to restore an overwritten save game (assuming it was "deleted" when a new game was saved over it) it should work right? In theory? Or am I just overly screwed?

God damn it best pokemon I've ever had.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:29 am

martingauto wrote:Are the saved filed stored in a folder somewhere? Because maybe then if I managed to restore an overwritten save game (assuming it was "deleted" when a new game was saved over it) it should work right? In theory? Or am I just overly screwed?

God damn it best pokemon I've ever had.
the saves are saved in sdcard/drastic/savestates but i doubt you can do anything over it. overwriting is just that, you overwritten it and the older file is not recoverable. you have much more chance recovering deleted files than overwritten ones.
Behold my mighty

martingauto

Post by martingauto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 am

Ok then I guess I'll give up, thank you very much for the replies!

xTurK

Post by xTurK » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm not sure if this will fix it, but when my savestates would no longer work, I would delete the in-game save file (the one in the "backup" folder), start out the game fresh and save when it gives you the option to. Now, exit DraStic, open it again and click "Continue". It should now load your savestate properly.

If this doesn't work, it could be because "Continue" loads your primary savestate (the one that's created when you use "Quick-save"), which, in your case, is the one that has a black screen. In that case, take a savestate that works and rename it to what your MAIN savestate is named (the one that has a black screen). Of course, it will ask you to overwrite it, so I'd recommend backing it up. After this, try clicking on "Continue" again.