Shin Megami Tensei Devil Hunter crashes

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
darklight1138
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Hunter crashes

Post by darklight1138 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:12 pm

I just got done with putting in 50 hours for Dragon Quest 5 and it worked perfectly.

I then started playing Shin Megami Tensei Devil Hunter and it will just force close randomly. I have been using savestates but then created an in-game save, but it still force closes. I do not use cheats either.

Thanks.

darklight1138

Re: Shin Megami Tensei Devil Hunter crashes

Post by darklight1138 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Now I am having another weird problem. I can't get windows retain their resizing options. I go through as normal and then the screen doesn't change. I am only able to use the presets. The games I adjusted in last version still retain their customized shape in this version, but I just cant make any customized layouts with new games I am playing on this version.

Should I just uninstall and reinstall?

darklight1138

Post by darklight1138 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Not sure if I should edit my post or what. My weird screen layout problem just disappeared but I am still having problems with the game. Disappointed not to see a reply considering I paid for the app. Do I need to provide more information or what? I'd like to see at least an interest in getting the issue resolved. Thanks.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 pm

More information would be helpful. What we need is to be able to reproduce the crash to see if it's a general problem with the emulator. If you upload the game save file (with extension .dsv, in sdcard/DraStic/backup) and give directions on exactly how to make the crash happen we can try to do this.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:49 am

one more thing with regards to information, dont just tell us what game doesnt work. inform us stuff we can use like, drastic version and phone specs. this saves us from asking the same questions over and over since sometimes, its the phone or using older version of drastic that is the problems.

also important is if you used cheats or not or if you did certain customizasions that we know makes games glitch.
Behold my mighty

darklight1138

Post by darklight1138 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm

I have a JXD 7800b. I am not using any kind of cheats, in fact I disabled it globally. My version of Drastic is the newest. On the main screen, it says r2.2.0.2a. As far as other settings, I am running it multi-threaded with Frameskip off and the default setting (off) for the filter. I believe I am running everything at default settings. My roms are zipped.

Like I mentioned, otherwise Drastic runs great. I've actually beat two games so far and nary a problem with any of those. I also have about 50 games and no problems so far with any of those.

I am not sure if you need specific specs to my device, but here is the wiki page for it if that helps:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JXD_S7800

As I said, it is random. But most of the time it will happen after a battle.

I uploaded a save, as per instructions on this thread.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzBF4a ... sp=sharing
If there is any more information you need I will be glad to provide that.

Thanks!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Can you try it with multithreaded rendering off? That has caused stability problems before, although a lot less commonly now.

That option also should make less of a difference now that the renderers are threaded.