Drastic Emulator sav file type is dsv right?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
BarkWood
Drastic Emulator sav file type is dsv right?

Post by BarkWood » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:19 am

Hello First time I joined and asking a question.

Thankyou developers for making this grate ds emulator So that I don't need nintendo ds and a R(?) Cartridge anymore, just need my android device to play ds games with no problems! :D

But I was wondering with the save file.

Drastic in game save is save to a save file with the (Game file name).dsv, right?

Before I knew Drastic I played nintendo ds rom files on my R(?) Cartridge with nintendo ds,

And at the time the game save file was saved as (Game file name).sav.

The 2 sav file extentions are different, And I don't know if both are compatible on either devices, R(?) and android Drastic.

If I convert the (Game file name).dsv into (Game file name).sav, does it loose any data or is data modified??
(Does the data bytes go trashed?)

Is it 100% same as playing for the first time to the end nintendo ds (R?), And at first playing the game on Drastic and then convert the game (.dsv to .sav) and is the .sav file for R(?)

I really wonder this. Because I prefer .sav files because I like them better on the ds than the drastic

I can't play it on the ds right now because it is broken, So I am playing it on drastic, someday will convert it to R(?).

It is important. I don't want the data corrupted because I played hours of games, and especially I often use the pokemon editor on pokemon games on the .sav file. Not wanting it to be messed up in the progress of converting.

ALWAYS THANK YOU!!

P:S R(?) is a bootleg cartridge that can launch almost every game on nintendo ds while I have the game file, I just posted as (?) than the full name because of... ya know? some fishy problems to indicate the full name?

?=4

Jay Haru

Re: Drastic Emulator sav file type is dsv right?

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 am

BarkWood wrote:Hello First time I joined and asking a question.

Thankyou developers for making this grate ds emulator So that I don't need nintendo ds and a R(?) Cartridge anymore, just need my android device to play ds games with no problems! :D

But I was wondering with the save file.

Drastic in game save is save to a save file with the (Game file name).dsv, right?

Before I knew Drastic I played nintendo ds rom files on my R(?) Cartridge with nintendo ds,

And at the time the game save file was saved as (Game file name).sav.

The 2 sav file extentions are different, And I don't know if both are compatible on either devices, R(?) and android Drastic.

If I convert the (Game file name).dsv into (Game file name).sav, does it loose any data or is data modified??
(Does the data bytes go trashed?)

Is it 100% same as playing for the first time to the end nintendo ds (R?), And at first playing the game on Drastic and then convert the game (.dsv to .sav) and is the .sav file for R(?)

I really wonder this. Because I prefer .sav files because I like them better on the ds than the drastic

I can't play it on the ds right now because it is broken, So I am playing it on drastic, someday will convert it to R(?).

It is important. I don't want the data corrupted because I played hours of games, and especially I often use the pokemon editor on pokemon games on the .sav file. Not wanting it to be messed up in the progress of converting.

ALWAYS THANK YOU!!

P:S R(?) is a bootleg cartridge that can launch almost every game on nintendo ds while I have the game file, I just posted as (?) than the full name because of... ya know? some fishy problems to indicate the full name?

?=4
you can convert .dsv and .sav without any problems usually. they are just the same thing tho i dunno if the old 'change the extension' will work. just get yourself a converter and backup so if anything goes awry, you have another chance to do it again
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:07 pm

Changing extension sometimes (abeit rarely) works if its an uncompressed raw sav (512kb), best bet is to get the DS savetype converter which works like a charm.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

secretsubscriber

Post by secretsubscriber » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Hello,
I have a question in a similar vein.
I plan on backing up my save files from my physical carts, with either an Action Replay or a 3in1 cart.
What format should I convert my extracted save files to so they'll possibly work with drastic.

Thanks