Pokemon blaze black 2

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
beansta
Re: Pokemon blaze black 2

Post by beansta » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:00 pm

A lot of the ROM is dead space anyway. One of the reasons i play ROM hacks is because they are patched to remove unused data (volt white 2 is only 274mb as opposed to normal white 2's 512mb). Not that i need to with my 2GB ram anyway...
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

TnA.Plastic

Post by TnA.Plastic » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:12 am

Exophase wrote:If you turned OFF enable unzip to file then you need enough RAM for the ROM. This is a huge ROM (512MB), it's easy not to have enough RAM for it.
Yepp, I know.
The problem is,... Like I said I switched it back and forth... and it is currently on. So, it should unzip to file and start.
I still have 2GB free storage-space and the unpacked ROM shouldn't be bigger than 512MB.
It seems, it doesn't even try to really unpack the ROM. It doesn't take a second to take me back to menu.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:25 am

TnA.Plastic wrote:
Exophase wrote:If you turned OFF enable unzip to file then you need enough RAM for the ROM. This is a huge ROM (512MB), it's easy not to have enough RAM for it.
Yepp, I know.
The problem is,... Like I said I switched it back and forth... and it is currently on. So, it should unzip to file and start.
I still have 2GB free storage-space and the unpacked ROM shouldn't be bigger than 512MB.
It seems, it doesn't even try to really unpack the ROM. It doesn't take a second to take me back to menu.
you could always try to trim it. believe it or not, it still takes quite a bit of ram to run the emulator and emulate the game but trimming somehow helps.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:01 am

TnA.Plastic wrote:Yepp, I know.
Can you try unzipping the ROM manually and seeing if you can run that?

TnA.Plastic

Post by TnA.Plastic » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:53 am

Exophase wrote:
TnA.Plastic wrote:Yepp, I know.
Can you try unzipping the ROM manually and seeing if you can run that?
Yepp, works!