Final Fantasy 4 crash issue

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
mathfreq
Final Fantasy 4 crash issue

Post by mathfreq » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi all,

I've been playing Final Fantasy 4 for a while without incident, but after updating to 2.2.0.2 I've encountered an issue where the game will crash about 60 seconds into every battle, dumping me back to the Drastic main menu. It seems to be happening consistently in my latest save file (just reached the underworld), but strangely I can't reproduce the issue in an earlier save. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jay Haru

Re: Final Fantasy 4 crash issue

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:04 pm

mathfreq wrote:Hi all,

I've been playing Final Fantasy 4 for a while without incident, but after updating to 2.2.0.2 I've encountered an issue where the game will crash about 60 seconds into every battle, dumping me back to the Drastic main menu. It seems to be happening consistently in my latest save file (just reached the underworld), but strangely I can't reproduce the issue in an earlier save. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
its quite possible that your savestate caught something that causes the said crash since it doesnt happen on an earlier save as you mentioned. if its possible to ingame save at your location, we suggest you do so and load it from there.
Behold my mighty

mathfreq

Post by mathfreq » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Jay Haru wrote:its quite possible that your savestate caught something that causes the said crash since it doesnt happen on an earlier save as you mentioned. if its possible to ingame save at your location, we suggest you do so and load it from there.
Ahh thanks for the suggestion. However I've been using in-game saves exclusively, so it can't be an issue with save states...

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:31 pm

mathfreq wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:its quite possible that your savestate caught something that causes the said crash since it doesnt happen on an earlier save as you mentioned. if its possible to ingame save at your location, we suggest you do so and load it from there.
Ahh thanks for the suggestion. However I've been using in-game saves exclusively, so it can't be an issue with save states...
ah, i see... well, corrupted in game saves are also not unheard of. it also happens sometime on original and in r4 carts though very rare. all we can suggest is to back up your saves as much as possible as we really cant prevent this nor can we fix issues that are triggered randomly.
Behold my mighty

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:00 am

mathfreq wrote:
Could you upload an affected in-game save, so we can try to reproduce it? Do you have any cheats enabled?