Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
TodesBrot
Re: Savegame problems

Post by TodesBrot » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:07 pm

I have trouble using an in-game save from DeSmuMe on DraStic. The game in question is Harvest Moon DS. I have copied the .dsv file into DraStic/Backup, but the "load game" option does not show up in-game. It does show up though when I have a .dsv file in the backup folder that was created by DraStic.

I bought and downloaded DraStic today, so it should be the current version.
Something to note is that DraStic's in-game save file is 256 KB in size, but DeSmuMe's is about 64 KB.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Do you mind uploading the DeSmuME save game file? I'll look at it to see what's happening.

HajimeAoki

Post by HajimeAoki » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:31 pm

So i just went from the LG V20 to the V30 and my savestates and in game saves are not transferring. I put my old savestates in the save folder on my new phone and i still get nothing. Googledrive isn't helping either... :cry:

bananaflowervan

Post by bananaflowervan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:21 am

Hello! I hope I post this in the right section! :)

I have a somewhat annoying problem with my Drastic Emulator (bought it, so no cracked version).

I normally use the Emulators save function and not the ingame (Pokemon). Normally, after closing the game and the app, I restart the emulator and just hit continue game to play. (Don't know if thats the exact name of the button, as I use the German version). But I can't do this anymore because that button is always blocked. The only thing I can do is "Starte new game" and then hit "Continue last savestate" (again, don't know if its called like that), which sucks because ingame I can't save whenever I want.
I already re-installed the app and tried another ROM, both didn't work.
Anyone got an idea how this can be fixed? :(

Other Info:
ROMs tried: Pokemon White and Pearl
Phone: Galaxy A5 (2016)
Android 7.0
Picture of Start scrren: https://imgur.com/vLYpIcj

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:20 pm

bananaflowervan wrote:Hello! I hope I post this in the right section! :)

I have a somewhat annoying problem with my Drastic Emulator (bought it, so no cracked version).

I normally use the Emulators save function and not the ingame (Pokemon). Normally, after closing the game and the app, I restart the emulator and just hit continue game to play. (Don't know if thats the exact name of the button, as I use the German version). But I can't do this anymore because that button is always blocked. The only thing I can do is "Starte new game" and then hit "Continue last savestate" (again, don't know if its called like that), which sucks because ingame I can't save whenever I want.
I already re-installed the app and tried another ROM, both didn't work.
Anyone got an idea how this can be fixed? :(

Other Info:
ROMs tried: Pokemon White and Pearl
Phone: Galaxy A5 (2016)
Android 7.0
Picture of Start scrren: https://imgur.com/vLYpIcj
The continue button simply just loads the last used game and it's latest savestate. Since you use savestates, tap load new game, then tap start new game after loading pokemon white/pearl, then press the menu and enter the full menu, then you can tap load savestate and load your save.

I honestly think the "Continue" and "Start new game" options on the start screen and Exophase should rename them (e.g. "Load recent savestate" and "Load game")

Artemis64

Post by Artemis64 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:05 pm

The Naruto Ninja Destiny games don't seem to work properly with DraStic. When they load, they say "read (or write) has failed. Turn power OFF and reinsert DS game card". It seems that this is due to the savegame size, as DraStic insists on using 512K for these games when they are 256K, but I've tried downloading a previously completed savegame, converting it to .sav (Desmume format) and changing it to .dsv, and it still doesn't work...

Giloxe

Post by Giloxe » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 am

Exophase wrote:Post any savegame problems you have here - that means in-game saves don't work. Or they appear to work but then aren't actually there when you start the game again.

Most of these are due to missing or incorrect entries in our game database, so if they're reported we should be able to fix them.

Note that I'm just looking for issues with in-game saves, not savestates you make at the emulator menu.
So, I bought DraStic and started playing Pokémon SoulSilver on it. How do I convert the save to raw format so I can put it on my cartridge? The games are from the same region, but the save doesn't seem to be compatible.

jasonecto1

Post by jasonecto1 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:30 pm

When I try to quicksave my game, it just stops the game. I've been using the app for over 3 months and never had this problem. The game infreezes when i hit fast foward but when i un fast foward it freezes again and it doesn't save either.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:15 am

jasonecto1 wrote:When I try to quicksave my game, it just stops the game. I've been using the app for over 3 months and never had this problem. The game infreezes when i hit fast foward but when i un fast foward it freezes again and it doesn't save either.
Do you have the latest version of the app? Older versions have this issue
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

jasonecto1

Post by jasonecto1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:38 am

SSUPII wrote:
jasonecto1 wrote:When I try to quicksave my game, it just stops the game. I've been using the app for over 3 months and never had this problem. The game infreezes when i hit fast foward but when i un fast foward it freezes again and it doesn't save either.
Do you have the latest version of the app? Older versions have this issue
Unless if I have to download an update from tge website, yeah I have the latest ver. On the Play store