Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
KidCarter93
Re: Savegame problems

Post by KidCarter93 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi guys,

I've just been playing through Pokémon StormSilver and have encountered a saving issue so I am no longer able to carry on with my game.
I've uploaded a video of the issue to a google doc which you should be able to view - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLctB ... sp=sharing

As you'll see in the video, I've put a lot of time into this game and would much prefer to be able to continue, if possible.

Is there any way I can fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

By the way, I'm using the latest version from the Play Store.

Regards,
- James

Indy

Post by Indy » Thu May 29, 2014 7:05 am

I have been playing Pokemon SS and I tried saving through the ingame saves. It saves normally but eventually on switching on the emulator, it does not load the ingame save but loads the savestates that have been previously saved. Any chance to get the ingame save working? I'm almost half way through the game.

I went to advanced settings and there is an option - "store ingame saves in savestates" which is ticked. Is this the reason?

Moreover, when i initially purchased the app, i was scared to update the latest versions. Now the play store does not show me any update key. Any reason?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu May 29, 2014 10:52 am

Indy wrote:I have been playing Pokemon SS and I tried saving through the ingame saves. It saves normally but eventually on switching on the emulator, it does not load the ingame save but loads the savestates that have been previously saved. Any chance to get the ingame save working? I'm almost half way through the game.

I went to advanced settings and there is an option - "store ingame saves in savestates" which is ticked. Is this the reason?

Moreover, when i initially purchased the app, i was scared to update the latest versions. Now the play store does not show me any update key. Any reason?
unless you undrstand the difference with ingame and savestates, you cant just load ingames once you turn on the emulator. youre probably using states all along. and yes, if youre using states, then most prolly you caught something bad and shold restart from th ingame or the whole game.
Behold my mighty

Indy

Post by Indy » Thu May 29, 2014 11:18 am

Hello jay,

I understand the difference between the two. I admit I've been saving through states all along. The reason why I've been doing do is because when I make an in game save it doesn't load from there. It loads directly from the save states. Can you advise why/where my in game my saves go. Or if you understood my issue, how can I fix it.

When I save through in game, it shows that the game has been saved but when I log off n log back on it does not return back to the same screen. It returns to the save states screen that I may have earlier saved. Thanks for the prompt reply and thanks for helping!

lalalala44

Post by lalalala44 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:08 pm

I started to play harvest moon ds on my pc in desmume and now i want to continue to play it on drastic. I copied the DSV-File to the backup folder in drastic but when i start the game i cant continue the game only start a new game. the rom and the DSV-Files have the same name. Can you help me ?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri May 30, 2014 1:03 am

Indy wrote:Hello jay,

I understand the difference between the two. I admit I've been saving through states all along. The reason why I've been doing do is because when I make an in game save it doesn't load from there. It loads directly from the save states. Can you advise why/where my in game my saves go. Or if you understood my issue, how can I fix it.

When I save through in game, it shows that the game has been saved but when I log off n log back on it does not return back to the same screen. It returns to the save states screen that I may have earlier saved. Thanks for the prompt reply and thanks for helping!
as i have mentioned, you already may have caught a bad save. in any case, i suggest that you start from the beginning using only in game saves. i also suggest you untick 'ingame saves inside save state' option its a bit tedious doing ingames but in the end, its better since you wont waste a whole game finding out that you cannot continue after e4
Behold my mighty

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri May 30, 2014 1:05 am

lalalala44 wrote:I started to play harvest moon ds on my pc in desmume and now i want to continue to play it on drastic. I copied the DSV-File to the backup folder in drastic but when i start the game i cant continue the game only start a new game. the rom and the DSV-Files have the same name. Can you help me ?
if your desmume version is 9.10+ there may be some issues with compatibility. i suggest you try saving the game using 0.9.9
Behold my mighty

Indy

Post by Indy » Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 am

Hey Jay,

I kind of figured my issue. I just deleted my save state and now I can open the in game saves. Just one question, if I follow your instruction and untick the " store in game saves to save states" it shows a warning that says that the files could get corrupted due to non sync of the two. Should i tick the option back or just ignore the message?

Btw, I didn't have to restart the game. Thanks for your help n super quick response! Appreciate it mate!

lalalala44

Post by lalalala44 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
lalalala44 wrote:I started to play harvest moon ds on my pc in desmume and now i want to continue to play it on drastic. I copied the DSV-File to the backup folder in drastic but when i start the game i cant continue the game only start a new game. the rom and the DSV-Files have the same name. Can you help me ?
if your desmume version is 9.10+ there may be some issues with compatibility. i suggest you try saving the game using 0.9.9

ok i now started the game with desmume 0.9.9 loaded the game and saved it again but drastic still dont reads it

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri May 30, 2014 6:25 pm

What version of DraStic are you using? There were some issues with loading DeSmuME saves but they were fixed a long time ago. The only thing I can think of that would cause a problem now is if the size doesn't match what's in the database and that somehow causes problems.