Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Re: Savegame problems

Post by Exophase » Mon May 05, 2014 12:51 pm

chairs wrote:I am playing pokemon black atm, runs quite smoothly, and wanted to ask if it is possible to make a save in game,(dsv format), copy it to pc, run pokesav to edit some pokemon values etc and then re-import it to drastic and play it with these changes.I am able to edit values in pokesav and save the file at a correct size, however when the game loads it,nothing changes!
That's strange, if you copied the file it should be at the right location and all. Are you able to run it with an emulator on PC to see if the changes took place there?
chairs wrote:Thus far I have been playing through in-game saves and everything has been fine...should i switch to save states perhaps?
I highly recommend using in-game saves as a primary save method, and keeping save states more for short term stuff if necessary.

chairs

Post by chairs » Mon May 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have a pc emulator.

Only thing I can think of is the file conversion, as I didn't use a converter (have used one before and it made the file larger-unplayble) instead I just changed the extension from dsv to sav, imported in pokesav, info there were correct and all, then made some changes, saved file as a sav, changed extension to dsv, pasted it in backup folder, replaced the already existing one, got in drastic, reloaded the rom , chose "no" loaded the save and everything remained unchanged...the save did load, did play(still does) but the pokesav changes I made were not implemented...

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon May 05, 2014 2:19 pm

You can use DeSmuME on a PC to check if the save modification did what you think it should have. I recommend version 0.9.9, since the latest (0.9.10) won't load DraStic dsvs since they don't have the DeSmuME header (yet). You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume ... ume/0.9.9/

But I can't think of why what you said shouldn't work, if all the steps happened as expected. Do you still have the original dsv? If you upload it as well as the one that's currently on your Android device we could see if it's really different. If it didn't change it could be possible that somehow you copied the old one or didn't really overwrite what was there.

chairs

Post by chairs » Mon May 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Thanks! That would be great if you could help!, the one in the folder is the original, second is the edited one, change is Giratina's ability...switched its levitate into wonder guard (teheh ;P).
Attachments
savefiles.rar
(27.03KiB)Downloaded 560 times

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 pm

They do look like different files at least. You're sure that the new one still has the name of the ROM and is in /sdcard/DraStic/backup?

chairs

Post by chairs » Tue May 06, 2014 7:07 am

funny, just worked...probably was copy/pasting the wrong version thanks for the help!

frenki

Post by frenki » Tue May 20, 2014 10:39 am

PLEASE HELP!
I bought and installed DraStic on my samsung galaxy tab 2 and i play pokemon black 2. I've been playing for a while now, opened the game menu and saved the game and exited the app.
After a few hours, i wanted to continue the game, which i usually did just by pressing 'continue' in the main menu, but now, the 'continue' option was greyed out :/ i went under 'load new game'-pokemon black version2, but the only option is start game, where i don't have the save where I actually should have left off :(
But the save file, with the correct save is in the 'savestates' foulder, and i don't know what to do with it, sice my tablet can't actually open the file on its own.
Basically, the file's there, but I can't load it in any way i know how :(
WHAT SHOULD I DO? :(

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Tue May 20, 2014 11:44 am

Try to reboot your tab. What's the actual file size of the file in the savestates folder?

frenki

Post by frenki » Tue May 20, 2014 11:53 am

Lordus wrote:Try to reboot your tab. What's the actual file size of the file in the savestates folder?
It was 1884 kb, but i checked, and saw that it said "file is corrupted" :/ can't do a thing..

MarTiN_FloReS

Post by MarTiN_FloReS » Mon May 26, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi fourm, I just recently purchased the app on Google play and have downloaded it to all my devices. Seeing as drastic has a google drive feature to upload savestates, I decided to try it since i didn't want to be constantly manually uploading them to my other devices.

To make it simple, my problem is that none of my devices will upload a savestate. I've tried reinstalling and resyncing but it just won't upload any. When I check savestates in the manager all it says is "0 saves found"

The game im playing is bowser's inside story and the devices my trying to sync between are the nexus 7 fhd and the LG L70.

Am I the only one having this problem? Any help will be appreciated, thank you