Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Savegame problems

Post by Exophase » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:57 am

Post any savegame problems you have here - that means in-game saves don't work. Or they appear to work but then aren't actually there when you start the game again.

Most of these are due to missing or incorrect entries in our game database, so if they're reported we should be able to fix them.

Note that I'm just looking for issues with in-game saves, not savestates you make at the emulator menu.

Queksilber

Re: Savegame problems

Post by Queksilber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Main problem: I can't load any of the 5 save-slots while ingame, instantly crashes the emu. Quicksave and ingame save works fine. Load new game->choosing rom-> resume (yes) is also working, even if the function loads one of the 5save-slots. Just the ingame loading isn't working.

Pokemon Black 2 ingame-saves (*.dsv from desmume newest build) are not recognized by the emu (ofc in /backup/).

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Queksilber wrote:Main problem: I can't load any of the 5 save-slots while ingame, instantly crashes the emu. Quicksave and ingame save works fine. Load new game->choosing rom-> resume (yes) is also working, even if the function loads one of the 5save-slots. Just the ingame loading isn't working.
This is a known issue of the cracked versions, maybe you could check if you accidentally installed one of those.

Queksilber

Post by Queksilber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Lordus wrote:
Queksilber wrote:Main problem: I can't load any of the 5 save-slots while ingame, instantly crashes the emu. Quicksave and ingame save works fine. Load new game->choosing rom-> resume (yes) is also working, even if the function loads one of the 5save-slots. Just the ingame loading isn't working.
This is a known issue of the cracked versions, maybe you could check if you accidentally installed one of those.
ahahaha yea i actually thought so because it was working fine on my SGS4 but on the N7 of my sister (where i installed a pirated one) it was not.
well, thats akward now.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:04 am

in game save broken in pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky. it asks if you want to load the save but doesn't show up. save states are fine

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:42 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:in game save broken in pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky. it asks if you want to load the save but doesn't show up. save states are fine
Could you tell me if Explorers of Darkness or Explorers of Time work? Sky is indeed listed as having a different save type the game database and according to other sources it's most likely wrong.

Here's an altered game_database.xml if anyone wants to try it with Explorers of Sky and can get back to me: game_database.xml

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:53 am

Exophase wrote:
the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:in game save broken in pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky. it asks if you want to load the save but doesn't show up. save states are fine
Could you tell me if Explorers of Darkness or Explorers of Time work? Sky is indeed listed as having a different save type the game database and according to other sources it's most likely wrong.

Here's an altered game_database.xml if anyone wants to try it with Explorers of Sky and can get back to me: game_database.xml
I will test it soon

Szwarcu

Post by Szwarcu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:58 am

I have a same problem. But loading ends with crashing to main menu of DraStic. I bought DraStic yesterday (I had a lot of problems with adding a credit card to my play store :P) and tried Pokemon SS and HG. None of them could load save state.
BIOS is original, my friend is a nintendo DS maniac, and gave it to me.
I tried various ROMs, but it doesn't make any difference.
Pls help.

dbrof

Post by dbrof » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 am

Ninokuni:The Another World in-game save dont work.

JohnathanKatz

Post by JohnathanKatz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:10 pm

I haven't had any problems with the games I'm playing, I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Dementium: The Ward, Final Fantasy IV, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and Pokemon White 2 without any save issues, except the emulator save states.