Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
takumi168
Re: Savegame problems

Post by takumi168 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Hi I've downloaded the demo version and i want to know if that version allows saves. I've been trying to find a good copy of heartgold for a while now finally managed to get one but don't know if the game will save. I've tried saving using the game function but the file is nowhere to be found... i was wondering if its the fault of the copy of my game or if its the way the demo is set to work. thanks in advance. (it could just be my technological illiteracy showing =/ lol)

Tata

Post by Tata » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello everyone. A long time ago that I'm using the emulator and I liked a lot . I stopped using it for a while and in time to make a SaveState during the game who was playing (Final Fantasy A2 ), I did not show up list window with SaveState I've done so far; same happens when I want to load a LoadState . I wanted to know if it is possible to display the window again and try to see options and found nothing .

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my bad english

Tata

Post by Tata » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:09 pm

Hello everyone. A long time ago that I'm using the emulator and I liked a lot . Stop using it for a while and in time to make a SaveState during the game who was playing (Final Fantasy A2 ), I did not show up list window with SaveState I've done so far; same happens when I want to load a LoadState . I wanted to know if it is possible to display the window again and try to see options and found nothing .

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my bad English of antemamo ,

qgi

Post by qgi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:54 am

In-game saving in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia isn't working for me. Saving seems to work but when I restart the ROM, no saves are present.
I've tried both with "Store in-game Saves in Savestates" enabled and disabled. Running the full version on a rooted Oneplus One.

qgi

Post by qgi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:32 pm

In-game saves not working for Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia (US). No error message, but saves don't show up when restarting/exiting the game.

DontFeelDwnYall

Post by DontFeelDwnYall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Hey there guys I've got a problem with my pokemon heartgold, I'm one of those people who already had an in-game save, but created a new game without deleting the old in game save. (I thought it wouldn't matter as I could just use save States)
But alas I'm 50+ hours in with a great team and find out that the game does that reset after the elite 4 so I lose my progress.
I've followed the step by step, unchecked the "savestates save in game saves" deleted the old save, made a new game, in game save asap, soft restart, load in game save to verify it works, load save state, try to save in-game but I get the "impossible to save" garbage... Anything I'm being dumb about? Anything anyone can do?

(the forum guys should really allow attaching the savestates directly to the post :p)

Ridewithme7306

Post by Ridewithme7306 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:11 pm

OK, here we go. I found the problem with my save state google drive problem. One, make sure you add a file named "drastic" into your google drive. That's a lot of the problem.

SECOND;

I had the same game, but they were named differently on separate devices.. So when the program (drastic) saved my Pokemon black file on my android phone as "pokemon - black version 2 USA enhanced ()8_... Etc. My tablet wouldn't see it as the same game because even though its the same rom, the Pokemon ROM on the tablet had a (B) on the end; therefore saving its save states as different name and it thinks its not the save state for that game, and won't let you load it. Also, when I attempted to just make it the same by renamng and taking the "(B)" out, both android devices only allowed me to go 50 characters when renaming it. In short, I couldn't rename it the same. So, here's what to do;

Rename the actual ROM as something SHORT and simple (ex. Pokemon black 2) and do this on ALL devices you want to use google drive on. Make sure they are named the same on all devices. That way when the game looks for the save state on drive, it knows its the save state for that game. Same name, same game. The app (drastic) saves the save states according to the actual Roms name. Also, make sure your roms are unziped on all devices so you can rename the actual ROM and not just the .zip file that contains the ROM.

In short, just make sure the Roms are the same name, or it will save the save state file as the ROM name that's different from the ROM name on your other devices, and won't load the save state from drive. Hope this makes sense and helps some people that are having the issue. Took some time and tinkering to figure it out.

if you have a previous game saved already, just save a new game, go into save state folder and take note of new savestate name, copy the name of the new one, delete the new one, and rename your original save state as that name. In my case;
ROM name; Pokemon - Black 2
Rom Save state new save name ; Pokemon - Black 2_8.dds.
I just renamed my original game file as the name of the one it newly saved, and vwalla, had my save game back, and all working great. Drive works now.

dwikym

Post by dwikym » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi guys, i'm a noob here (please be gentle with me). So i just bought drastic ds and already spend 6 hours to pokemon heart gold. Then i just realize i can't save my save state at all. Every time i save and try to load save state, the load button grayed out and there's no save state at the save tab too. The in-game save works perfectly fine though. I'm using drastic r2.3.0.2a. Can anyone help me please? Thank you :D

GoldenLock

Post by GoldenLock » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:22 pm

I've been trying a few times now and felt I need to post this. I've been playing the game Fossil Fighters Champions, but after a few saves (either quick or save states) Drastic no longer processes the game. I've tried a few things but the only choice I have is to delete the game and reinstall. However the same issue occurs after a few saves later.

If there's anything else I can try please tell. It's one of my favorite retro games and I want to keep playing it.

GoldenLock

Post by GoldenLock » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:52 pm

I've been trying a few times now to play Fossil Fighters Champions. The game will initially load, but after a few saves (either quicksaves or save states) and exiting thegame DraStic no longer recognizes it. I've tried a few things without any success. The most I can do is delete the game and reinstall.

I tried posting this comment earlier but it didn't load.

If anyone has some suggestions please share with me.