Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
yavihah7
Re: Savegame problems

Post by yavihah7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Queksilber wrote:Savegames are working perfect now, loads ingame, savestates and google drive sync working 100%.
Solved problems:

I was able to download savestates from google drive but they won't show up on my N7 after the update happend.
So i reinserted the bios-files to Android\data\com.dsemu.drastic\files\system...... and problem solved. This happens only if you reinstall drastic, if you just update via playstore the old biosfiles will stay in place and the savestates from drive will be okay.

As i didn't want to use the old bios files i saved ingame, then deleted these 3 files again. Savestats and ingamesave wont load now, so you'll have to open the ingamesave (*.dsv) in desmume (PC) and resave ingame. Copy file back to Android\data\com.dsemu.drastic\files\backup, delete the (now useless) old savestates in \savestates\ and fire up drastic. Load your rom, load ingame and then resave your savestates, upload to google drive works flawless.
Will try this now thanks!!!

lowtje

Post by lowtje » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:59 pm

When I play Pokemon black my savegame works, but it just hanges when loaded. I can't continue my game. It does start at the point where I saved my game though

Queksilber

Post by Queksilber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 pm

lowtje wrote:When I play Pokemon black my savegame works, but it just hanges when loaded. I can't continue my game. It does start at the point where I saved my game though
This is a known issue of a cracked version.

hippocrew

Post by hippocrew » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:36 am

After defeating the E4 in Black 2 my save file became corrupted.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 am

So you can't load your saves?

hippocrew

Post by hippocrew » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:07 am

Was meant to say in-game save, external saves work fine.

ChewyAC

Post by ChewyAC » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:03 am

I'm trying to move all my saves to my tablet but for some reason the savestates are telling me I'm using a different BIOS to my phone version, I don't want to update the app yet because my .dsv files are not working on the tablet. So I'm guessing they are not going to work on my phone. The games I'm playing are the Ace Attorney series which runs perfectly fine, would really appreciate some help or advice like if I update will my savestate work on both devices?

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 am

ChewyAC wrote:I'm trying to move all my saves to my tablet but for some reason the savestates are telling me I'm using a different BIOS to my phone version, I don't want to update the app yet because my .dsv files are not working on the tablet. So I'm guessing they are not going to work on my phone. The games I'm playing are the Ace Attorney series which runs perfectly fine, would really appreciate some help or advice like if I update will my savestate work on both devices?
You probably installed the original DS BIOS on your phone and of version r2.1.1a, this is no longer required.
Just copy the BIOS files (nds_bios_arm7.bin and nds_bios_arm9.bin) from the phone to your tablet.
They are either in /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/system or /sdcard/DraStic/system (since version r2.1.3a).

Afterwards your savestates should also work on the tablet.

Anurag Gunderia

Post by Anurag Gunderia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:34 pm

I just finished pokemon black the main story. But after the credits when the rom restarts i can't continue my game. The Game says that my save game file is corrupt and will be deleted. Please fix this as I really want to continue my game and do not want to lose my progress. The emulator saves work perfectly though but it dosent allow me to continue after the rom restarts. Oh and after the latest update I selected the option to move all save games to sd card. I also have not moved the bios files. Please help. Thanks

yellow

Post by yellow » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:45 am

I'm also having trouble with: Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (U / E) - Showing save confirmation notice, but no data created.

Anyone know if this is an easy fix on my end or does the app need to be updated?

I finished the main story, however need ingame save data inorder to play the post game.