Issue with save states not saving

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Losian
Issue with save states not saving

Post by Losian » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:48 am

So I've bumped into an issue where I've noticed save states not actually saving.. It's pretty easy to reproduce - I just go to the save/load, and save a state on all five, waiting about a second between each. Go back to game, go back to save states, and 2-3 of them did not save.. I've started making multiple saves just out of fear of having a save state disappear (and, I make multiples anyway as the lack of any kind of confirmation for saving/loading scares me when dealing with smallish touchscreens.. one wrong finger-slide and I'd rather not lose all my progress :( )

Jay Haru

Re: Issue with save states not saving

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:52 am

Losian wrote:So I've bumped into an issue where I've noticed save states not actually saving.. It's pretty easy to reproduce - I just go to the save/load, and save a state on all five, waiting about a second between each. Go back to game, go back to save states, and 2-3 of them did not save.. I've started making multiple saves just out of fear of having a save state disappear (and, I make multiples anyway as the lack of any kind of confirmation for saving/loading scares me when dealing with smallish touchscreens.. one wrong finger-slide and I'd rather not lose all my progress :( )
What you are experiencing isnt an issue per se seeing as you save at quite a fast pace. I had experienced this problem on the beta and it seems that the app saves data after 2-3 seconds (i guess) but i think it depends on a game since rune factory saves much quicker.

in any case, unless youre playing pokemon, the saves are pretty much stable especially if you complement it with ingame saves (i always chose to not save and ingame with savestates tho).

the new beta would feature autosaves for extra measure and 9 slots for saves (excluding auto and quick saves).
Behold my mighty