Error "-24" when installing from Google Play

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
trd360
Error "-24" when installing from Google Play

Post by trd360 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:37 pm

I bought the app and had to refund it because the application would not install. I tried multiple times even after turning my phone on and off.

I searched the error and most of the time it is due to already having the application's files on my phone. Trouble is, I have already looked through my phone's storage and there is nothing in there relating to the Drastic app in Android/data/. Any help? I run on a Nexus 5

Jay Haru

Re: Error "-24" when installing from Google Play

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:51 pm

trd360 wrote:I bought the app and had to refund it because the application would not install. I tried multiple times even after turning my phone on and off.

I searched the error and most of the time it is due to already having the application's files on my phone. Trouble is, I have already looked through my phone's storage and there is nothing in there relating to the Drastic app in Android/data/. Any help? I run on a Nexus 5
you refunded so i think theres no need.
Behold my mighty

trd360

Post by trd360 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Well I'm hoping that if there's some viable fix I would rebuy it in the future because I would really like to use the app. Phoenix Wright can't wait!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 pm

you could try clearing the google play cache. that usually fixes the errors.
Behold my mighty

trd360

Post by trd360 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Jay Haru wrote:you could try clearing the google play cache. that usually fixes the errors.
I'll definitely try that. Now I realize I may have refunded the app stupidly early as now I have to wait for the balance to return to my account before I can try and purchase again

trd360

Post by trd360 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Also the demo version installs just fine

edit: Well I just got my refund. Hopefully this will work. If it doesn't, hopefully the dev will refund again.
edit2: SUCCESS! Thanks for the quick response. This is well worth 8 bucks. now just for ART compatability

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:33 pm

trd360 wrote:Also the demo version installs just fine

edit: Well I just got my refund. Hopefully this will work. If it doesn't, hopefully the dev will refund again..
the demo will work coz it usually doesn install anything (i.e. its crippled). also, before you go cryin for refunds, just post the issues here and we would keep in touch with you. only when we have exhaused everything should you ask the refund. everytime you refund and pay, you waste samll amounts of money.
Behold my mighty