Something messed up my Pokemon Heartgold ROM!!!

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
yoav667
Something messed up my Pokemon Heartgold ROM!!!

Post by yoav667 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi!
I've been playing pokemon hg for a while on drastic (love this emulator) and I just noticed that my pokemon are totally overpowered!!! Something messed them up and made them lots stronger, I just thought that i have good pokemon but then I took out a lvl 85 with a krabby lv 20!!!!! I dont have any cheat active, tried to restart the game/the emulator but nothing seems to work
Is there any way to fix this??? Please help me I love this save
Thanks alot!!

Jay Haru

Re: Something messed up my Pokemon Heartgold ROM!!!

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:40 pm

yoav667 wrote:Hi!
I've been playing pokemon hg for a while on drastic (love this emulator) and I just noticed that my pokemon are totally overpowered!!! Something messed them up and made them lots stronger, I just thought that i have good pokemon but then I took out a lvl 85 with a krabby lv 20!!!!! I dont have any cheat active, tried to restart the game/the emulator but nothing seems to work
Is there any way to fix this??? Please help me I love this save
Thanks alot!!
even if you dont have any cheats active, if you DID use cheats before, your rom stays 'cheated' unless you use a fresh one. and even then, if you use a savestate, your rom may still become 'cheated'. one way to 'turn off' cheats is to use ingame save, replace cheated rom with a fresh one and then load your ingame save. that way, theres no cheats to begin ith to mess with your game.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Re: Something messed up my Pokemon Heartgold ROM!!!

Post by Exophase » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Cheats don't modify the actual ROM, you don't have to replace it. You just have to reset the game, which means you can't just resume from a savestate that had a cheat applied. FAQ says more about this.