Advance Wars - Dual Strike Crashes

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Jay Haru
Re: Advance Wars - Dual Strike Crashes

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:05 am

Dreamcaster wrote:Video:
Frameskip Auto 4
Fast Forward Max at 50%-Never utilize it
Filter-None
16-bit Rendering is checked
Multithread 3D- Unchecked

Audio
Sound Enabled-Checked
Device Microphone-Checked
Latency-Low

I haven't tinkered with any of the other settings
well, thats the default so that rules out weird setting issues then.
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:06 am

Try playing it with multithreading on (i play using this, the quilex filter and latency to medium/high and ive yet to have a problem)
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:09 am

beansta wrote:Try playing it with multithreading on (i play using this, the quilex filter and latency to medium/high and ive yet to have a problem)
i would really not suggest it. most games glitch on this function and until lordus or exophase gave us the 'stable' call, i think its risky.
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:14 am

Thats just maybe but its not like they cant turn it off once its enabled :p. Ive not had a single problem with it enabled on any game ive tried, its merely a suggestion
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:21 am

beansta wrote:Thats just maybe but its not like they cant turn it off once its enabled :p. Ive not had a single problem with it enabled on any game ive tried, its merely a suggestion
yeah, i know. i did say i wouldnt suggest it myself :D. glad its working for you though :D
Behold my mighty

Dreamcaster

Post by Dreamcaster » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:04 am

I've played about 6 missions on beta & haven't encountered a single hiccup yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

bobjobob

Post by bobjobob » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:09 am

I just bought DraStic and I am experiencing a similar issue. While I'm playing this game, it often randomly returns to the main menu. It doesn't apply the Autosave, so I lose progress each time. Unfortunately I haven't noticed a pattern or a trigger that is causing this. It may be an issue unrelated to the initial ones in this thread... I'm not sure. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

phoebs

Post by phoebs » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:58 pm

I used to have the same problem, but ever since I updated to the latest version it works perfectly (for now, touchwood)

When using the previous version, nothing can really fixed the problem (tried all different settings combinations). Whenever I was in the battle mode: ie: Image, it will randomly crashed, forced the game to close and returned to the main screen. I had to go to options (Advance Wars options), turned off the battle mode (ie. set to No Vision) to temporary "fixed" the problem.

Also I'm wondering if this app will somehow generate the error log and save it somewhere in the android system. If so it will be much easier for us to submit the error log to the Admin, so that he can have a look at it. He kept saying that he can't reproduce the problem, but the thing is a lot of us had the same problem and it was frustrated to play this game without having the battle mode.

phoebs

Post by phoebs » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Dreamcaster wrote:I've played about 6 missions on beta & haven't encountered a single hiccup yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
it's not hiccup, it can play the game smoothly, it's just it randomly kills the game (without displaying any error on screen) and return to the main (grey) menu.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:18 pm

i dunno but one thing that can prolly prevent the crash is to save often. i had always saved often when i tested games esp. when its near something important. now that theres autosave (i set it every 5 minutes,) i usually dont have to worry. i just need to make sure i can repeat it and let the devs process my findings.
Behold my mighty