The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Required to Speak

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Lightpost
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Required to Speak

Post by Lightpost » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:17 am

Hi,

Is there anyone here who's able to get past the Fortune Teller-part in the game? Just arrive in Papuchia Village and met this kid that wants me to tell what I think of him/her (I think it's a boy). The "Fake Mic" cheat works flawlessly for the flute but the kid just told me to not just mumble something but instead say something like "CUTE!" I left it thinking that it's could be just a side-quest.

Now I talked to the village Fortune Teller and wanted to know if I was a boy or a girl. I tried attaching my headphone w/ mic, enabled the mic option but it didn't work. :evil:
By the way, I also want to mention that if I leave the Mic option enabled for a long time, the phone sort of hangs - the games still runs but the phone doesn't respond. Even exiting the game (not quiting it) is a pain as the phone itself lags.

Anyway, has anyone here got past this part without having to play it on another emulator (converting save file and all)? Maybe someone here could make some sort of cheat to emulate someone saying the words required for such instances in the game?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out. :?

Jay Haru

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Required to Speak

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 am

Lightpost wrote:Hi,

Is there anyone here who's able to get past the Fortune Teller-part in the game? Just arrive in Papuchia Village and met this kid that wants me to tell what I think of him/her (I think it's a boy). The "Fake Mic" cheat works flawlessly for the flute but the kid just told me to not just mumble something but instead say something like "CUTE!" I left it thinking that it's could be just a side-quest.

Now I talked to the village Fortune Teller and wanted to know if I was a boy or a girl. I tried attaching my headphone w/ mic, enabled the mic option but it didn't work. :evil:
By the way, I also want to mention that if I leave the Mic option enabled for a long time, the phone sort of hangs - the games still runs but the phone doesn't respond. Even exiting the game (not quiting it) is a pain as the phone itself lags.

Anyway, has anyone here got past this part without having to play it on another emulator (converting save file and all)? Maybe someone here could make some sort of cheat to emulate someone saying the words required for such instances in the game?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out. :?
could you upload a savestate? will try it on mine.
Behold my mighty

dmgrin

Post by dmgrin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi, yeah.. I'm having a similar problem. I've been running the game on my Kindle Fire HD and it has working pretty well all the way up to having to speak "boy" or "girl" to the fortune teller in Spirit Tracks. After messing with some of the menu Audio options (enabling and disabling, changing latency) now the mic won't work at all, even for the flute. Tried attaching a headset with microphone and still not working.

Why is it that now even if I have the mic enabled I get the red X over it no matter what? For awhile I could press on the x over the mic icon in-game and it would work but not now. To reiterate the mic does not work in any capacity currently (at least on Spirit Tracks haven't tried it on another game yet). Is there an older version of Drastic I could revert back to to make this work? Would love to be able to finish Spirit Tracks.

Also, if I have to load the game state on an emulator on my pc/mac and get past the stuck sections that could be an alright loophole but I can't seem to find a working emulator that can import/export Drastic save files. Any input on this would be great too.

Thanks
Dan

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:31 pm

dmgrin wrote:Hi, yeah.. I'm having a similar problem. I've been running the game on my Kindle Fire HD and it has working pretty well all the way up to having to speak "boy" or "girl" to the fortune teller in Spirit Tracks. After messing with some of the menu Audio options (enabling and disabling, changing latency) now the mic won't work at all, even for the flute. Tried attaching a headset with microphone and still not working.

Why is it that now even if I have the mic enabled I get the red X over it no matter what? For awhile I could press on the x over the mic icon in-game and it would work but not now. To reiterate the mic does not work in any capacity currently (at least on Spirit Tracks haven't tried it on another game yet). Is there an older version of Drastic I could revert back to to make this work? Would love to be able to finish Spirit Tracks.

Also, if I have to load the game state on an emulator on my pc/mac and get past the stuck sections that could be an alright loophole but I can't seem to find a working emulator that can import/export Drastic save files. Any input on this would be great too.

Thanks
Dan
well, without someone donating a savestate, theres nothing we can do really. the testers are busy testing other games like gs and the devs are working on compatibility and stuff. if someone gives us one nearest to the problems we can look into it.

for the mic, the one in the gui i think is for emulated static/blowing. if your mic is somehow not working check if you had disabled it on the audio section of the main menu.

for use with pc/mac, use desmume and use the in-game saves (dsv) in the bckup folder and not the savestates (dss) in the savestates folder. place it on baterry in desmume and you can continue your game.
Behold my mighty

larelle

Post by larelle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:14 pm

I have the same exact problem as dmgrin. After I went to papuchia village and spoke to the fortune teller, my mic hasn't been responding. My mic is always enabled in the options and it has been working well up until now. I haven't tried using the mic on other games yet. The mic on my phone and my earbuds both work and I have tested them just now, so it is definitely a problem with the app. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting the app, restarting the phone, and soft resetting the phone, but none of these methods fixed the problem.

I am not allowed to attach the folder with the extension .dsv (the save state), is there another way I can send the save states?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:07 pm

larelle wrote:I have the same exact problem as dmgrin. After I went to papuchia village and spoke to the fortune teller, my mic hasn't been responding. My mic is always enabled in the options and it has been working well up until now. I haven't tried using the mic on other games yet. The mic on my phone and my earbuds both work and I have tested them just now, so it is definitely a problem with the app. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting the app, restarting the phone, and soft resetting the phone, but none of these methods fixed the problem.

I am not allowed to attach the folder with the extension .dsv (the save state), is there another way I can send the save states?
you can upload it on dropbox. just make sure that public download is allowed.
Behold my mighty

larelle

Post by larelle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Here is the link to download the save file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/asb6dr97ofb6g ... Tracks.dsv

Thank you very much for helping solve this issue.