Pokemon heartgold saving problem

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Isaacsmall
Pokemon heartgold saving problem

Post by Isaacsmall » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:23 am

Hi I have a few queries and I really need some help. I've done abit of research and come to understand the the ingame saves are called savefiles while the quick saves are called save states.

I recently managed to defeat the elite four (only quick saved after Bruno) and after the ending credits,the game brings me back to the start menu,where I realise that my progress is not autosaved by the game,hence my progress is deleted. So I used the quick load function and tried to use the in game save, but the game tells me that I can't save as there is an existing saved file.

I went on to use a file explorer to delete all the savefiles AND savestates that I have,except the only one that I want. However when i resume my save state, I still cannot use the in game save as there is still 'an existing saved game' even though I have deleted it from my phone.
My question is, does a save state also save and existing saved file with it?
Also am I able to progress further?

One last thing, sometimes when I try to load a save state, the screen just freezes! Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks for your time I really appreciate any help I can get

Jay Haru

Re: Pokemon heartgold saving problem

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:54 am

Isaacsmall wrote:Hi I have a few queries and I really need some help. I've done abit of research and come to understand the the ingame saves are called savefiles while the quick saves are called save states.

I recently managed to defeat the elite four (only quick saved after Bruno) and after the ending credits,the game brings me back to the start menu,where I realise that my progress is not autosaved by the game,hence my progress is deleted. So I used the quick load function and tried to use the in game save, but the game tells me that I can't save as there is an existing saved file.

I went on to use a file explorer to delete all the savefiles AND savestates that I have,except the only one that I want. However when i resume my save state, I still cannot use the in game save as there is still 'an existing saved game' even though I have deleted it from my phone.
My question is, does a save state also save and existing saved file with it?
Also am I able to progress further?

One last thing, sometimes when I try to load a save state, the screen just freezes! Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks for your time I really appreciate any help I can get
hnnn. frst of all is this a legit copy from google play? coz from the description of loading states freezes your game suggests that its cracked version.
Behold my mighty

Isaacsmall

Post by Isaacsmall » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:24 am

Dear Jay, how do I tell if mine is cracked or from Google Play? My friend sent me the apk for the emulator, so I'm not very sure.

If it is cracked, I'm terribly sorry, but I would still appreciate if I could still receive clarification for my main question :oops:

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:39 am

Isaacsmall wrote:Dear Jay, how do I tell if mine is cracked or from Google Play? My friend sent me the apk for the emulator, so I'm not very sure.

If it is cracked, I'm terribly sorry, but I would still appreciate if I could still receive clarification for my main question :oops:
well, if your friend sent it to you then its most certainly a cracked copy. how i know it is that the app has license verification process. as i said, the way it was coded, if the app was cracked, then it would intentionally mess up with the save states making them useless. yes you can save but loading them will not work.
Behold my mighty

Isaacsmall

Post by Isaacsmall » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:53 am

Oh I see..

Anyway, will I be able to somehow delete the saved file from my save state? Is there anyway for me to continue progressing without having to restart, or delete the save file in-game?

I wouldn't mind purchasing from Google play if it can help, now that I know DraStic is a paid app. :?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:12 am

Isaacsmall wrote:Oh I see..

Anyway, will I be able to somehow delete the saved file from my save state? Is there anyway for me to continue progressing without having to restart, or delete the save file in-game?

I wouldn't mind purchasing from Google play if it can help, now that I know DraStic is a paid app. :?
that really depends. if you have a savestate before e4 building, theres a chance that you can still finish the game but if not (inside e4 building), then you need to restart from your latest save (in game, not savestate).
Behold my mighty

Aeroicarus

Post by Aeroicarus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 am

Hello there! have a similar problem for my soul silver. I have two phone save files. The first game I started (let's call it my typhlosion file) is the one I used the in game save in and thus was able to pass the pokemon league and proceed to kanto. However in my second file (feraligatr) I only used the phone save until the pokemon league where I realized I would need an in game save to continue the story.. I have a save point before I go vs. Lance but it says I must delete my existing data to continue. I don't mind deleting the typhlosion files in game save cause I have its phone save. How can I fix this?

P. S. I did buy this app lol