Drastic App Restar

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ujvary16
Drastic App Restar

Post by ujvary16 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Hey guys,

I downloaded Drastic over two weeks ago, I ran into some issues that I found work arounds for on the boards. However I did run into a new one. I downloaded Pokémon White 1, and throughout the game I ran into an issue where Drastic would just close and go back to the home menu. I looked over the board and could not find anything on this so I apologize if this has been reported prior. I checked the app and made sure it was the up to date version. It started doing it once every 3 or 4 hours and recently it has been doing it after every battle with a trainer. I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy S5, I have used about 5 different games and not had this issue, not sure if it could be a bad rom? if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Other than that, fantastic app thank you for the time and effort you've put in.

Kevin

Jay Haru

Re: Drastic App Restar

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:02 am

ujvary16 wrote:Hey guys,

I downloaded Drastic over two weeks ago, I ran into some issues that I found work arounds for on the boards. However I did run into a new one. I downloaded Pokémon White 1, and throughout the game I ran into an issue where Drastic would just close and go back to the home menu. I looked over the board and could not find anything on this so I apologize if this has been reported prior. I checked the app and made sure it was the up to date version. It started doing it once every 3 or 4 hours and recently it has been doing it after every battle with a trainer. I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy S5, I have used about 5 different games and not had this issue, not sure if it could be a bad rom? if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Other than that, fantastic app thank you for the time and effort you've put in.

Kevin
Can your try the beta and see how it goes?
Behold my mighty

ujvary16

Post by ujvary16 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:10 am

Just sent the request to be approved for the beta and give it a try. I will keep you all posted once I get approved

ujvary16

Post by ujvary16 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:32 am

So I just tried the game on the beta. It was doing the exact same thing and shutting down after I beat a trainer. I tried Pokémon Black and no issue at all. I did notice that with the beta instead of kicking to the home drastic screen it restarts the game and takes you to the new game or continue screen for the game. When Pokémon White restarts it actually goes to my pokemon pearl home screen, not sure what to make of it.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Do you have cheats enabled? The game resetting like that sounds like a specific type of internal problem.

ujvary16

Post by ujvary16 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:19 pm

I do not have any cheats for any of my games.

beansta

Post by beansta » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 pm

it could also be a bad ROM dump.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

ujvary16

Post by ujvary16 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:32 am

Is that something I can fix without losing my saves or am I SOL? Lol

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 am

ujvary16 wrote:Is that something I can fix without losing my saves or am I SOL? Lol
Having a bad rom doesn't affect your saves unless the saves are corrupt themselves.
Behold my mighty