Bios not recognized

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
rupertgriffin
Bios not recognized

Post by rupertgriffin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm trying to start up Heart Gold in the demo emulator. It told me to come here to figure out how to install my bios. I got my bios (biosnds7.rom, biosnds9.rom, and firmware.bin), put it in the files/system directory, and went back to the drastic demo and got the same bios issue. I reset my phone, and that didn't help. Any advice?

Jay Haru

Re: Bios not recognized

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:17 pm

rupertgriffin wrote:I'm trying to start up Heart Gold in the demo emulator. It told me to come here to figure out how to install my bios. I got my bios (biosnds7.rom, biosnds9.rom, and firmware.bin), put it in the files/system directory, and went back to the drastic demo and got the same bios issue. I reset my phone, and that didn't help. Any advice?
Well, there's two things you can do. Either decrypt the roms so you don't have to bother with the bios or rename the bios. The correct name should be in the faq
Behold my mighty

rupertgriffin

Post by rupertgriffin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Jay Haru wrote: Well, there's two things you can do. Either decrypt the roms so you don't have to bother with the bios or rename the bios. The correct name should be in the faq
Well, sure, the correct name should be in the faq, but as far as I can tell, it isn't. I tried the name that the drastic bios file has, but that didn't work any better.

Or, how would I decrypt the rom?

rupertgriffin

Post by rupertgriffin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 pm

I found one way to decrypt the rom, but it requires Windows, which I do not have right now.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:26 pm

rupertgriffin wrote:I'm trying to start up Heart Gold in the demo emulator. It told me to come here to figure out how to install my bios. I got my bios (biosnds7.rom, biosnds9.rom, and firmware.bin), put it in the files/system directory, and went back to the drastic demo and got the same bios issue. I reset my phone, and that didn't help. Any advice?
the bios files need to be named nds_bios_arm7.bin and nds_bios_arm9.bin they should be in drastic/system

firmware.bin is not required

rupertgriffin

Post by rupertgriffin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Well, that worked, thanks.

Somebody should probably put that in the FAQ.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:19 am

rupertgriffin wrote:Well, that worked, thanks.

Somebody should probably put that in the FAQ.
Agreed, best to let Exophase know

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:55 am

Agreed, updated the FAQ.